Can't Host / Can't Connect to Battle.net and Other Common Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
i have done everything imaginable for my router and computer. i have fowarded all the ports, 6112-6119, and ive allowed exeptions in my windows fireall for the ports and warIII, ive even turned off firewall and router and connected my computer directly through the modem and into the wall on both my xp and vista computers but all to no avail if any1 knows whats wrong with it then plz help i have it running on xpservice pack 2 on both (vista only works on that) and i have embarq DSL internet with a 660 series modem. please help me host i would love to sometime for i have made countless games

www.portfoward.com is a wonderful site.

R

-RazeR-

Hosting problems

Hi guys ..

.. I recently opened ports 6112 - 6119 TCP & UDP in router, and allowed Warcraft III through my firewall ..
.. Then I was able to host ! :thup: .. BUT .. everytime I host, my connection to B.Net is lost, after playing a map for like 10-30 minutes :banghead:

.. Anyone know what to do with this problem ?

Name_n

Reaction score
Well I followed everyone's instructions on the Expections tab on Firewall(Opening Port 6112-6119 on TCP AND UDP), Adding Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne on Exceptions and yet I still can NOT host. No, I'm not using a Router, I'm using a modem directly connect to my PC. When I hosted after doing all this, people could not join.

Is it just my PC? or do I need to do anything more

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you got any other firewalls which may be blocking port 6112-6119?

Name_n

Reaction score
Well.. not that I know of, but I may think you're right, the Ports 6112-6119 are not open.. for some strange reason

Wolf Knight

Reaction score
Sos i can't log into battle net
I was able to log in earlyer today, but randomly i got kicked and i couldnt log in >.<
Can anyone help?

D

dimz

same

same thing here sum 1 help plz
i was playing battle net like last night and when i tryed to log on in the morning on bored aussie i clicked "battle net" and then a messege initializing connecting to battle net popped up as usual and then BAng a big messege saying " unable to connect to battle net .... etc....... sumthing inter net connection " WTF like my internet works fine y cant i connect i got averything rite PLZ HELP IM BORED

L

Legionaids

cant host

I cant host games in warcraft 3 battlenet. Tried turning all my firewalls off, added all the proper ports, etc. And there isnt any help for my modem. Motorola SB5100. Can anybody help me out at all? i have no idea what to do.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Legionaids said:
I cant host games in warcraft 3 battlenet. Tried turning all my firewalls off, added all the proper ports, etc. And there isnt any help for my modem. Motorola SB5100. Can anybody help me out at all? i have no idea what to do.

If your modem connects to more than one computer make sure that the ports are forwarded for the correct computer.

L

Legionaids

sorry

sorry, im a bit of a computer newb. How do i make sure that they are forwarded for my computer? I have it connected to a bunch of computers in the house. ty

L

Llama-fish

I wish I could help.

I cant really help you but the other guy whos in the post above this one seems to have a good point. If not try asking Kingbdogz or murdermode

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Meh, I used to host Yesterday, but then, today, I don't know what happened, I can't host anymore. I didn't touch any settings, :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you "accidentaly" reset the settings? :p

Or have you installed a new firewall?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Lol, I didn't touch anything except for Warcraft and World Editor :p

And, no new fire wall

CaptDeath

Reaction score
@frozen my box updated it self a while back which stopped my hosting so you should try getting back into the settings and renable those ports

mordocai

Reaction score
any idea why i cant connect to lordearon? it sais i cant connect to server, or that it doesnt exits. i have a valid key, and have not done anything

mordocai

Reaction score
i am in florida, and the server i cant, wont let me connect to, is azeroth, i got those 2 mixed up. For some reason it let me on today right now o_O

K

Kailink(GR)

Unable to conect to bn

Hi guys,
I have a 'on-the-go' modem and a connection to vodafone up to 7,8 Mbps.
when i 'm trying to connect to bn the following message appears:

''There was an error writing to your hard drive while trying to download a file from bn. You may need to free up some space. Check your hard drive and try again."

Obviously i tried but i have more than 70 GB free... Plz help me out.

I also have my hard drive seperated in 4 parts. One of those has no free space. It is for HP tools for my HP laptop.
Yeah i forgot that i'm trying to connect from a laptop if that helps.

Plz help.. Thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.