Can't open flash drive

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I recently bought a Sandisk flash drive (32GB Cruzer Fit). It had been working fine, but then I lent it to my parents, who needed to move a large file around. However, after getting it back I can no longer open it. It shows up in my Favorites bar when I insert it, but when I click on that I get the following message:

Location is not available
F:\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard rive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

When I try to find the drive in My Computer, it doesn't show up. It doesn't show up in Disk Management either. I assume that this means that Windows simply doesn't recognize the flash drive at all, and it only shows up in the Favorites menu due to some quirk in the OS.

I'm running Windows 8 (not 8.1), both my parents are running Apple computers. The drive still opens just fine for them, and I've already had them send me the important files that were stored on it, so now I assume I just need to re-format it to fix it, but don't know how to do that when it doesn't even show up under My Computer.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
does it show up under disk management?
(or "create and format hard diskparitions") as MS seems to have re-named it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.