Can't Open Map (was: help)

Zapat0

Reaction score
Hello
i was creating a map and yesterday when i tried to open the map , a little window had this written on it ¨unable to load C:Users/data/martin/ bla bla.... -Level info data missing or invalid¨ and i could not open the map and i still can not open the map , what can i do ?:banghead:

i will try to attach a pic.

Attachments

• help me.jpg
    help me.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 290

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
deprotect your map IF it is your map (I shouldn't be saying this since its not allowed on this site)

CHGhost

Reaction score
Ah I've had that problem too sometimes. D:
I don't know what this is, but IF it is your map and you're still trying to edit it (and you haven't protected it) AND you've done recent game tests then I suggest looking in your WC3 test map folder (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Maps\Test). The things you had on your map when you last tested your game should be there.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to say. :O

-----
Also, just a little thing here...
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101956

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I'm quite sure that your map have been corrupted. Most likely, you will be able to find backups of your map at the most strange places in your harddrive. Just search. If not they're coming up, search for "WorldEditTestMap.w3x/w3m" or something like that.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If the map isn't in 'test', and you use Newgen, you can go to your Newgen folder, and in a folder called "backup", you'll find a lot of recently saved maps.
Sort them by date modified, and see if you can find your map. :D

Zapat0

Reaction score
yes this is my game , no i have´t protected it , no i dont use fancy we mods i use the normal WE from blizzard .
yes , the warcraft map im trieng to open is in C: prog files/war/maps/test , but how can this help ?

to chgghost :
yes the map is in there but i cant open the map , so ... help plz ?

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
I've had this problem before. Make sure to keep backups of any maps in case of an accidental corruption/deletion.

If you can't find any backups or you're still unable to open the maps, there's no other way to "reverse" the corruption.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.