Can't order Ability "Blizzard"

Bankde

Reaction score
I've problem with ability blizzard which is casted from dummy unit.

Code:
Blizzard
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard (New)
    Actions
        Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing 0.00 degrees
        Unit - Add Blizzard (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Blizzard (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Blizzard (New) for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Archmage - Blizzard Point1
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

The Problem is the dummy unit don't cast the ability.

This is my check: (I don't give locust so I can check it, there is no stun-enemy unit nearby)
1. Dummy have mana
2. Dummy have ability
3. Ability can be cast 99999 range
4. LastCreatedUnit() is working
5. There is udg_point1 (And still working after order function, before RemoveLocation)
6. I can select unit (I don't give locust), and order it in game.
7. I've tried checking order. It is blizzard (852809) and tried order it through Jass. But still not working.
8. Other orders are still working.

Any help would be appreciated (I may miss something) and Of course, +rep :thup:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I presume the spell works on a manual cast. Are all its fields valid? Are there any Art fields that might need changing?

Bankde

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I've never heard that Art fields will effect the skill.

Also on the other map, I can also order blizzard well through trigger. Does that mean my map corrupt ??

DioD

Reaction score
remove locust and add some model to dummy, then you will be able to see where is dummy created and what it doing, also you will be able to try cast blizzard yourself.

if everything work fine - there is problems with few skills, they cannot be dummy casted if unit initially dont have them, suggest to try give blizzard in object editor

Bankde

Reaction score
I have remove locust from dummy and it also have model.

As result, it is created, having ability, able to cast, having mana. Only one problem is that created unit do not follow my order (Some like traitor in WE ??)

I've tried giving dummy ability in object editor...still not work.
Very interesting point is ordering Archmage itself doesn't work too.

May be my map got corrupt or something. Still need help.

canons200

Reaction score
I strongly believe the "Last created unit" is not longer belong to your dummy, try save your dummy as variable and then order variable to perform the action.

And also, make sure the dummy has the ability, no mana cost, far cast range ( eg. 9999999 cast range) and the cast duration.

Bankde

Reaction score
I strongly believe the "Last created unit" is not longer belong to your dummy, try save your dummy as variable and then order variable to perform the action.

I'd tried order "Last Created Unit" to move to other point. It work well.

And also, make sure the dummy has the ability, no mana cost, far cast range ( eg. 9999999 cast range) and the cast duration.

Dummy has ability (I don't give locust), no mana cost (and dummy have 10000 mana), very far range and also 15s cast duration.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score

No Last Created Unit generally refers to the last created unit, in this case, the dummy.

Read the check list, pretty much everything you suggested he said he's already done.

Just curious, what ability did you base the blizzard (new) on?

EDIT: You say the move order worked well? Then I assume it's the order ID of the ability. Make sure you're using the correct order ID.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Possibly a stupid question: are you certain the ability is based on Blizzard?
[edit] Ack, HydraRancher beat me to the question. :p

canons200

Reaction score
Try display your last created unit with action game display to all player text?

1 more checklist, do you set casting time for your blizzard? (minimum 0.01 cast time) it is because blizzard is a channelling ability.

Bankde

Reaction score
Oh my god :eek: I've fixed it.

Very thank to HydraRancher.

I based Blizzard(New) on channel ability with Blizzard order ID.
When I use blizzard, something happen like channel ability steal other ID. That's why dummy don't cast skill.

Thank you very much to everyone. Sorry to make someone confuse because I have never known channel ability will mess up WE system.

+rep to everyone.

If possible, what ability ID should I use in my "channel" ??? :nuts:

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
For "Base Order ID" on your Channel spell, you can use anything you want. When you want to trigger it though, make sure you use the right order string to match the Base Order ID.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.