Cant select with edditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How do I select units and doodads like in Starcraft and then clickdelete and right click forproperties. I hate going to the object manager, its like a downgrade from SC's interface.

And how do I delete doodads. Some doodads I have to use the annoying method of building cliffs over it but stuff like barricades that I want to move and place somewhere else I can't drown or raise. Its weird because the object manager doesnt let you do anything to doodads, so they cant be deleted.

Maybe I just dont know how to use the edittor, or I was spoiled by SC's editorred, but i think it really blows.

B

BKnight760

Toolbars :)

In the editor, in the main toolbar (like under the file, edit, view, scenario, module pull down menus) there is a button with a picture of a square drawn with a dotted line. Use that tool to select the object on the screen and then press the <del> key. That should help. I know its annoying and isnt as easy to use as the War3 editor or the SC editor, but it sure does a lot more cool things.

N

Neo_HoJo

Actually, BKnight, this is a real problem, my select (which I DO know how to use) will not work on my computer, but it works when I try it at a friend's house. The problem is simple, RAM problems. If you are experiencing this, you should also not be seeing any grid

S

Swilo

Actually, this is what we call a "User" error.
To select something, either go to tools and click "Selection brush" or just press the space bar. Now you can highlight, delete, move, whatever, your units/doodads/etc. (that button also works, it's right below the tools heading, but you're description of it was bad so I thought I'd clarify)

Now, if you're selection brush isn't working, you've got some real problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.