Can't Test Map

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
This is sort of weird, when i save my map, and test it the game just goes to the custom game list not the start menu. What could be the problem?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Using NewGen? Where did you save it? As in, which window? Save it a couple of times in the main editor window before trying to test. I have had this happen before, but usually another try or two got it working.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Using NewGen? Where did you save it? As in, which window? Save it a couple of times in the main editor window before trying to test. I have had this happen before, but usually another try or two got it working.

Yes NewGen. In a Folder Outside the Wc3 Folder (usually works with maps).

The list i mean is the one with melee maps, and scenario maps etc...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What have you tried thus far? Tried saving the map, closing the WE and reopening? Can you actually load the map manually?

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Im having the same problem with newgen, but i posted as thread in blizz tech support section, but anyway... I tried to host my map that i was having the same problems with on bnet and it says "game not found" and when you go to play it offline and you press the start button it will act like its going to the loading screen, and then just come right back to the map selection screen. The only way my map is playable manually is if its in the test folder for newgen.... any other folder (including the original file) don't work. Probably the patch causing this?

edit: I also tried opening it with reg WE and saving / testing but that didn't work either. weird thing is unlike you i can test it through WE.

EDIT2:I Fixed it! :D I just renamed my map a shorter file name.... but the name in WE is still the same.

Also someone posted this in my thread and it let me be able to test with newgen, disable the "Reinventing the Craft"

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.