Can't Upload Files Bigger Then ~20kb

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Hey there!
This started when I was trying to upload a test map for my spell in the World Editor Help forum.
It's ~53kb, and it didn't upload.
What happens is, I select the file, and click "Upload Files".
The bar fills behind it, but it just sits there when it gets full, nothing happens.

I close the "Manage Attachments" window, and my browser just sort of freezes/lags.
No hotkeys work (CTRL+W for closing a tab, F5 for reloading), and I have to manually click stuff (X for tab, reload button for reload).

I tried uploading a smaller file, a 1.1kb .txt file, it worked.
I tried uploading a bunch of other files, and they work up to around 20kb, where after that the file fails to upload and does the above.
Oh, and I also just tested the same .jpg I tried to upload here, and it worked on mediafire.com, but not here.

TL;DR: Files under 20kb work, anything above that doesn't work on TH.net.
Everything works anywhere else.

What's going on here :p ?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you run out of your storage space?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you give this a try now and see what you get (assuming your quota has the space for the file)?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
It's working now.
Is it too much to ask what was wrong (Don't need technicals like "0x23 was off by a .1" or something, just generic :p ) ?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea what was wrong, but we just moved the site to a brand new server so I figured any oddities might get swept away with that. :p
(Just to clarify, we were already going to move servers - I didn't move just because of this issue.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.