Tutorial Castable Divine Shield

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Object Editor – Dummy spell, fields.

First of all, copy paste the Undead spell Frost Armor. Not the one with the (autocast) editor prefix behind, but the other. Now, we need to change the fields to suit our needs.
Starting from the top, change the icon to Divine Shield. Then change the Data – armor bonus to 0 for all levels, but the armor duration for level 1 to 15, level 2 to 30 and for level 3 to 45. Then change the Stats – buffs to Divine Shield. After that, change the cooldown for level 1 to 35, level 2 to 50 and for level 3 to 65. Finally, change the Duration Normal, Hero as for the armor duration: 15, 30 and 45 and the mana cost 25 for all levels and don’t forget to change the tooltips. You should see something like this:

rabarberrequest.jpg

Trigger Editor – Spell itself.

Now, you should have completed the part above. Load your trigger editor and make this simple trigger.

triggering2.jpg

The Custom Script (JASS) is needed, to give the spell MUI. The wait action Real part is found under Conversion – Convert Integer to Real. Well, thats about it, you are done (wasnt so hard, was it?:))! Happy map making, you can use this with another similiar spells, you want to be castable.

Attachments

• Castable Divine Shield.w3x
    12.6 KB · Views: 602

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
there's a small leak here. when you declare a local you must null it afterwards.
just add an action Set divine_target = No unit and problem solved.
anyway gj, but i think this would rather belong to free trigger code.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
SFilip said:
there's a small leak here. when you declare a local you must null it afterwards.
just add an action Set divine_target = No unit and problem solved.
anyway gj, but i think this would rather belong to free trigger code.

Fixed it. Never thought about the free trigger section. Oh, well. Thanks for feedback.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Making spells is as fun as doing triggers, nice that new spell tutorials come up. There should be more of them. There are alot of spells do teach ppl.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
I think this would serve its purpose better, if anyone kind enough could move it to the free trigger code submissions.:)

G

Goauld

Have you tested what happens when you cast the shield on a unit which already has it? It may get a bit messy, I think.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Hmmm, you cant target a unit which is invulnerable, unless you change the targets allowed of the base-spell.

G

Goauld

Yeah, I already meant that if it is able to cast on invulnerable. The thing that would happen is that it shoots off another trigger but the on-going shield's trigger would still be running and it would make the unit vulnerable too early.

Got the point?

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Thing is, you forgot to change the hotkey; the name of the spell says the hotkey is C, but it actually is D.

G

Goauld

This is pretty much the same as my ability here

After reading that you understand what I'm trying to say? Your spell can't be cast before it has worn off, though. But if it were, then it'll be the same as mine. :(

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
Thing is, you forgot to change the hotkey; the name of the spell says the hotkey is C, but it actually is D.

Fixed it.:)

Goauld said:
Your spell can't be cast before it has worn off, though.

Hmmm. It is MUI, I used locals. But sorry, if I don't get the point. Had a terrible night.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.