Defense Castle Constructor - InProgress

kiogra

Reaction score
Reviving my old abandonded project "Village Creator", I put no real thought to it but now im restarting, thinking it through much more, much different now.

Castle Constructor

Your beloved kingdom has fallen, it's up to you to rise a village and take back your home.

So in this game your castle you used to live in has been taken over by the scourge.
You and 9 other people have survived the attack and have fled into the forest and plain lands.
In this game you quickly have to find a spot to start making a base.
Your unit you start out with (Survivor) will be able to make 1 building. He can make one Town House, Which is like a town hall.

Citizens will give you 10 income per minute. But, if you give a citizen a job that citizen will only then give 2 income per minute.
Citizens can turn into a number of other units.
They can turn into:
Chef's - Requires a crop & food market - Produces 10 food - 5 chef's max
Farmers - Requires crop - Produces 5 food - 5 max per one crop
Combat Units - More info soon - No max limit
Builder - Requires workshop - Makes buildings & defenses - No max limit
Breeder - Requires Farm - Breeds horses to allow training horsemen - No max Limit
More citizen jobs may come soon
After making a town hall, you will get 3 citizens. With these you should probably make them builders, then build tents for more citizens.

Over the time of the game you will go through the history of time, IE in the beginning of the game your just a primitive tribe and at the end of the game you will be a futuristic civilization.

In the game you have 1 main enemy, the undead.
2 minutes after the game starts you get a message that reads "The undead have noticed our camp! Prepare for battle!"
This tells you the the undead will start sending waves each 40 seconds, they consist of 5-18 enemy units. You win by lasting N waves.

I'm making a post for this game before its finished because i wanted to see if anyone has an idea and i also just wanted to let you know about this game.

:banghead: I'm tired, not sure if i gave all the info i planned to :banghead:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
That is a lot of waves with only 40 second between them.

It will go fast, but it will sure be hard:p

Edit: Else it sounds like something interesting tho:)

Edit2: And btw, that bright green color. I don't know if it is just me, but I would not mind at all if you changed that to something that goes a bit easier on the eyes;) Just a tip for the future:D

kiogra

Reaction score
That is a lot of waves with only 40 second between them.

It will go fast, but it will sure be hard:p

Edit: Else it sounds like something interesting tho:)

Edit2: And btw, that bright green color. I don't know if it is just me, but I would not mind at all if you changed that to something that goes a bit easier on the eyes;) Just a tip for the future:D
Yeah ill probably have to lower the amount of waves, not sure what to lower it to though.
Thanks for the feedback :shades:

CysticCraze

Reaction score
Soudns kewl cept oen thing, Id rather not see the game go into a futuristic civilization, but thats obviously personal opinion. Anyhows sounds good, and Id like to see some screenshots in the future. And when you say "Castle constructer" how does this apply to the game, just a lil more indepth but sounds great :).

kiogra

Reaction score
Soudns kewl cept oen thing, Id rather not see the game go into a futuristic civilization, but thats obviously personal opinion. Anyhows sounds good, and Id like to see some screenshots in the future. And when you say "Castle constructer" how does this apply to the game, just a lil more indepth but sounds great :).

The name is because after awhile in the game your town hall with become a castle and you city will become a kingdom.. Idk the name isn't finalized

Also can you explain why you wouldn't like it to get futuristic, i just want a little detail on what people dislike, to make sure what i shouldn't put in the game :)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Looks nice, but I was hoping there'd be a more original way of gaining resources instead of just spamming civilians/farms that most maps of this type turn out to be...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Sounds very nice. If you need help with anything just ask, I'm available most of the time since I'm only creating new versions and updates for Robot Wars atm and they aren't really in any hurry.

One idea of gaining citizens would be to have female citizens and male citizens, then let those copulate so that the females give birth to new citizens. (Babies at first but then they grow up in a small amount of time.)

CysticCraze

Reaction score
When i said i dont want it to be futureistic it was simply because I got tired of RTS like red alert and crap where you have machine guns and nukes. So I reffered to a more "ancient" game with sword and bow. Why I was asking about the castle is it be kewl if you had walls and towers that units could walk on. But once again this is all personal opinion, do what you thinks best and what interests you most, either way im downloading it and im interested =)

kiogra

Reaction score
Why I was asking about the castle is it be kewl if you had walls and towers that units could walk on. But once again this is all personal opinion, do what you thinks best and what interests you most, either way im downloading it and im interested =)

Ill try to work on that :), i always like that kind of idea.

I like your idea Kazuga, i may do that instead of houses making citizens.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.