Castles Campaign (No Real Name Yet)

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Story:
Your the child of a hired guard who protects a traveling caravan, your fathers been gone for quite some time and should have returned, so you go looking for him, you find him and his party have been killed in a very strange way, you make your way through the world selling yourself off as a mercenery and find yourself wandering around the market of one of the largest castles around, certainly this would be the best place to make a little extra money..

Concept:
A large Campaign that spans the mainland and some surrounding islands. When your stationed in a castle or village you can do errands for people or resolve disputes. Also, decisions with these errands will influence other quests and the over-all ending of the game.
There will be many different minor and major quests, small quests will get you items, reputation, gold, experience, and sometimes even influence larger quests, a large quest will chose in which direction your character leads

Example: a group of necromancers is defiling the graveyards of some small village, if you chose to kill them, you get positive reputation, if you make a deal with them and help them achieve their goals peacefully, you get even more reputation for being a negotiator, if you strike up a deal with them to bring them the corpses of the living villager, well duh you'll get evil reputation
Objective:
You must make your way through the world, solving problems, queling rebellions, slaying werewolves, establishing peace, and find out what happened to your father

Reputation: If your a noble person, people will be kind and eager to help you, if your evil, people will react negatively towards you, and give you more influence in things like the black market, or thiefs guild.

Art: heres a few images of the terrain i have so far, mostly just castle rooms at the moment
assassin6ni.jpg

messhall0nc.jpg

peasantsquarters6nq.jpg

quartyard8be.jpg

coastalbridge3bc.jpg

coastalentrance3oi.jpg

coastalinactivevolcano3qm.jpg

Minor Quests: This is where ill post all the minor quests
Will o' the Wisp
Plot: Deep in the forest you find a small lumberjack post with some very frightened lumberjack, it seems they've got quite a few problems stacked up, their horses have run away, and the men are sluggish and fearful of wandering far from the camp, theres a ominous feeling about the forest, as if it lives, the trees moan in the strain of the winds.. as of recently there have been strange events, the men call this place cursed, but the foreman refuses to leave, he offers you a small fortune to stomp out the problems caused by the spirit of the forest..
Solutions:
Evil Solution, you hunt down 7 will o the wisp and kill them, breaking their hold on the forest
Good Solution, you avoid killing any wisps and keep the lumberjack safe by chasing off the wisps
Middle Solution, you pay an old hag to bind the spirits back into the trees, so they can do no harm
in all solutions you gain 300 gold, and a reduced cost for lumber
Ghost Vision Solution, you see the ghosts behind the wisps and solve all 7 of the wisps unfinished business

Major Quests: This is where ill post all the major quests
The Lonely Ghost
Plot: Any time at night (and only night) you can find a ghost roaming around the castle, you attempt to talk to him but he cannot talk, if you talk to the bishop, he tells you to find anything of the ghosts posessions in life, you go to the barracks and find his friend, his friend gives you his sword and you bring it to the ghost, the ghost will now talk to you.. he explains how he died, and his regrets in life, he speaks of a women whom loved him, and he never got the chance to tell her he loved her also
Solutions:
Evil Solution, you talk to the Priestess of Oasi and she tells you how to banish him from the world, you gain the ability to banish the undead
Good Solution, you find the women, ask her to come talk to the ghost, he confessed to her and asks her forgiveness, she gives him it, you gain a passive ability with a 10% chance to seduce the undead into joining your side
Middle Solution, you fail to convince the women to come to him, and lie to him, you convince him she still loves him, but shes bed bound and cannot come to him to tell him herself, he finds his peace in your silver words and gives you his sword
In all solutions you gain the ability to see ghosts, shades, and invisible units, which opens up many mini-quests and alternate solutions to other quests.

Floating Ideas:

Members:
WastedSavior - Terrain/Layout/Quests
Dargoth - Quests

Ill try to update this thread daily, so always check out the first thread!

Positions to be Filled:
Web Designer: someone to build and maintain a website concerning this campaign
Art Work: someone to help me with icons and maps(loading screens) for all the individual maps, such as small islands, the large island, icons for magic spells, etc
if you'd like to volunteer for any of the open positions speak to me on msn messenger

The Map: You can take a look at the terraining i've done so far!

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Allow me to be the first to say, Amazing. I can't wait for it to be finished. also, if you can answer me just one question, why is everyone so obsesed with using reputation? Its just like sliding. well anyway. I think your map couldn't be nearly as good as it seems without the reputation.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Pineapple said:
Allow me to be the first to say, Amazing. I can't wait for it to be finished. also, if you can answer me just one question, why is everyone so obsesed with using reputation? Its just like sliding. well anyway. I think your map couldn't be nearly as good as it seems without the reputation.

i could name it something else if you'd like, but i can't really think of any other way to apply a reward for being good or evil..

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the name. Its just that everyone is getting obsesed with using it in there map. Its going to turn out like sliding.

Grozzy

Reaction score
I think the map is cool , but is it on TFT or RoC ?
and how many player's can play it ?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I would assume its on TFT. And its a Campaign so only one person plays it. You cant have a multiplayer campaign.

E

Eilhal

I think the screen shots look great... but the interior is a little boring... I'm not sure what you could do to make it better but everything is just to much the same... the tables should be rotated just slightly so they aren't just going the same way... and try to aviod large open areas... maybe put in collumns (sp?) or just add some NPCs in that area.

EDIT: I guess now that I look back you don't have any REALLY big open spaces in those pics... but if you do put something there :p

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i still have some 30 doodads yet to import and use, carpet's especially, so not all the rooms look the same, also, some rooms will be pretty barren, because throughout the game certain quests like "go to the river and talk to a man named bla bla, he'll give you my supply shipment, bring that to me"
then a supply shipment will appear in his room when you finish his task.. etc :D

E

Eilhal

ok... that's a good idea... you didn't post that stuff though so I was just tryin to give ya some Ideas :D also I think you should put in customizable charactars... like mine in my map :p I would send you my map so you knew what I was talkin about... but my character creation isn't done yet :p DOH! :banghead: lol...you should think about making weapons/armor you pick up affecting your hero's model file (lots of imports but AMAZING effect)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Eilhal said:
ok... that's a good idea... you didn't post that stuff though so I was just tryin to give ya some Ideas :D also I think you should put in customizable charactars... like mine in my map :p I would send you my map so you knew what I was talkin about... but my character creation isn't done yet :p DOH! :banghead: lol...you should think about making weapons/armor you pick up affecting your hero's model file (lots of imports but AMAZING effect)

im still debating how you will play everything out, i was thinking you start in a class, certain actions and quests will upgrade you, like a soldier to elite guard, elite guard to lietenant, onward, or you could just be a drifter from a small village who gets caught up in alot of shit..
im still thinking out the best method, but the weapons/armor thing sounds good

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
You sohuld have it where you start out with nothing. you odnt become a knight or a wizard but, get get abilitys from different things. So you say help someone find someone else, you get an ability. And you pick a weapon. So your never a knight or wizard. But depending on how you play you could be a guy with magical attacks, melee atacks and using a bow. Would be cool seeing that everything is influenced but how well you play and stuff.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Well, minor set back in the project, i was down for another day, had to reformat once again.. thats twice in 2 weeks.. so im restarting the project from the map i attached here (not to bad, didn't lose more than an hour of work) im thinking i need to get a few people in the project
What im looking for:
Someone to make a website and maintain it for us
Help with me with quest ideas
Help with Icons/Loading Screen Maps

stavious

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
Help with me with quest ideas
Tell me the main idea, and I'll give you more quests than you need. :D (Just ideas, can't help too much with the map since I have my own project running :p ).
Like your screenshots ;) .

Grozzy

Reaction score
Can you put out some more Screenshot's ?

I downloaded it and looked at the terrain , keep going ! :)
When you are done you should make it protected

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
I saw the map, It sure needs quest adding, let me help, (and Stavious, he's REALLY good at these, if he has time though)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Grozzy said:
Can you put out some more Screenshot's ?

I downloaded it and looked at the terrain , keep going ! :)
When you are done you should make it protected

I put the castle aside at the moment, i want to get the basic layout of every map i will be using, then go through and fine tune them, at the moment im making a costal map, which ill be putting up for viewing soon

NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
I saw the map, It sure needs quest adding, let me help, (and Stavious, he's REALLY good at these, if he has time though)

Ill keep you guys in mind, stavious has his own campaign to worry about though, i think a majority of the quests i will do, and maybe apply a few you guys suggest, because i have a good idea of how i want things to roll :D
i can do major quests, and small quests, but i want alot of small quests, so if you wanna help, get a feel for the castle/units/terrain, and other maps once i get them up, and see how the places can interact :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
how can you have 400 post count and -10 rep?
anyways i updated the other post with the rest :D

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
how can you have 400 post count and -10 rep?
anyways i updated the other post with the rest :D
It's my bad luck and my stupid mouth :eek: haunting me in my life...but 400+ post seems good 2 me...

Anyways, If u need help with minor quests let me know then let me get to work :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.