Cataclysm Discussion

madd_999

Reaction score
That the humans and the elves are ally’s is because the elf’s needed an ally to fight against the orcish horde and the taurens.

And who can better be your friend than someone that has been killing orcs for ages.
At least that how I think the night elf entered the alliance.

About the dragons.
The blue aspect is not corrupted or anything. They saw that magic did a great evil to azeroth so they decided to “just remove everything that has to do with magic”, the only thing they dint noticed its that that also destroys azeroth.

Red dragon fligh is all about life (if I’m right) so they want to stop the blues. And ask the greens and bronze to help then..

The leader of the greens is asleep as far as I know to create the emerald dream.
The bronze is being keeper of time so he can’t leave his position either.. so it’s the red dragon flight leader using an army that exist from red bronze and green dragons.. as far as I know (haven’t done any quests in the dragon blight or quests that evolve the dragons that oppose the blues yet).

The black dragon flight is corrupted by the old gods (or was it the burning crusade) and just want to destroy everything..

I expected something this world changing for players when I heard that the blues are busy changing the mana streams in azeroth.. but it dint happen and now it does so that makes me sort of happy :D..

And surprisingly.. I have always discussed the lore and the future of azeroth and we even planned to create a new campaign back in those dais.. and we always knew the thousand needles would be flooded :)

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
The things you mentioned are pretty much basic knowledge if you've done many story lines in Wow.

When it comes to the Blue dragons, why are they then hostile against rogues and warriors? Do they stink magic or something?

And when it comes to all dragons except bronze they've had some sort of hostile mob against players from what I remember.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Rainther, why do you keep saying how the alliance doesn't make sense, but don't even talk about how much the horde doesn't? Seems like you're pro-horde.

The darkspear trolls are only sided with the orcs due to them being forced out of STV by other races, the orcs decided to be friendly and take them in.

The forsaken have no reason to be in the horde, they've slaughter humans and orcs alike throughout the years, even moreso after the Wrathgate event.

Tauren would never of joined the horde if it were not for the centaur that they were constantly battling with; the tauren were desperate for help and the first ones they found were the orcs. (After the orcs helped the tauren, they found common qualities though and decided to ally)

And blood elves are only on the horde for revenge against humans; initially they were allied with humans, before Lord Garithos (I believe) sent them to their deaths; ironically those deaths would be from the forsaken, whom they are now allied with.

So the horde makes a lot more sense :rolleyes:

The things you mentioned are pretty much basic knowledge if you've done many story lines in Wow.

But he answered your question. And i never recall fighting a member of the green/red/bronze dragon flights unless they were corrupted, mind-controlled, etc.

Rainther

Reaction score
Yepp. Have no idea why Forsaken's allied with the orcish Horde really. At least Forsaken and the Bloodelves have shared history.

And I may be wrong about the dragonpart, I haven't kept track on the colors of the dragons I've fought.

And when it comes to the allience, I simply have a hard time seing how all of that works together. And am bugged on seeing 3 races in Alliences in different sizes (ye ye, they have different pass and histories, good for them!).

It's all too possible I've grown blind on the small details of WoW to see the entire picture and it's true that I'd wish an other fate for many of the bosses I've encountered.

At the moment I'm just glad to release my thoughs and have feedback on them. :D

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
You make many valid points, indeed.

I'm just tired of having to fight so many bosses that has been corrupted.

And I don't understand the part about the dragons either. They are to protect the world, but half of them are either trying to destroy the world and most others are either not fightning or sleeping. However there are extremly few of their minions who doesn't respond hostile against the players.

It's many things I don't fully understand what Blizzard was thinking when they made WoW. For example what makes Night Elves and Humans such good allies? The only difference between Humans and Orcs are that the Orcs have to harvest Ashenvale cause Barrens got no trees.
Tyrande slaughtered humans and orcs alike at the very first sight of them.
Guess they're still pissed on the fact that the Orcs caused the death of Centurion or something...

PS: It's fun to discuss with you. Many who plays WoW defends it with their lives as if it were their religion or something, but you seem very open minded. ;)

The dragons are probably the weakest point of WoW lore, I agree. I never thought dragons were cool anyway (except for deathwing, he seems like he'll be a fun new enemy). The reason that so many dragons are hostile ingame are due to:

A). The Blue Dragonflight is led by Malygos, who went insane when Neltharion betrayed them. The last straw, apparently, was when dalaran teleported next door.

B). The ones outside CoT don't really make sense, I suppose they are just guardians of the caverns.

C). The red dragons all over azeroth are the ones that were tamed by the orcs in grim batol and have become villains.

D). The Emerald Dragonflight is led by Ysera, who hasn't been seen anywhere (physically) for a long time. It is natural to assume that without a leader there would be some splinters.

E). The Black Dragonflight is purely evil. They are led by Deathwing, Onyxia, and Nefarian.

The strange looking ones in northrend are proto-drakes, a hybrid dragon used by the Vrykul. They are essentially bred for war.

As for Night Elves joining the Alliance... The Horde have essentially taken over their continent. Their greatest forest, Ashenvale, is being logged while sacred places like the Stonetalon Summit are desecrated (there's a quest for horde to kill the sons and daughters of Cenarius there). They've been pushed back into the corner, and as of cataclysm, they have almost nothing left. Ashenvale is taken by the Horde, and Auberdine is now truly contested. All they have left is their failure of a tree Teldrassil, and perhaps feathermoon as well (feralas). They don't have enough power to take on the Horde's encroachments all on their own. And so they called on the Alliance, a force who would gladly take them in.

Rainther

Reaction score
If Thrall and Jaina had landed on the other once place, Jaina'd probably be the one harvesting Ashenvale for lumber resourses :p and maybe the Night Elves would've been allied with the Orcs instead. That's what I think is a rather funny part.

Wonder if the night elves could agree with the Orcs to seed trees for them. From what I understand the Orcs mostly wants the resourses and doesn't give a damn of the ages on the trees they're lumbering. Might aswell plant new onces instead. :D

Rainther

Reaction score
Mkay, will switch the topic. Anybuddy knows when it'll be released? And anybuddy knows what classes goblins and worgen will have?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Anybuddy knows when it'll be released?

People are speculating that if it took the same as BC/Wotlk, that:
3.3 (Icecrown Citadel) will be released in november, giving TotC some time.
Beta will start around the same time as 3.3
Give people some time to do ICC and test Cata, it's predicted to be released somewhere between March-June '10.

That was very summarized, btw.

And anybuddy knows what classes goblins and worgen will have?

Worgen's have all but shammies/Pallies, Goblins have all but Druids/Pallies.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Worgens look like rape. End of story. It doesn't matter that it is an odd race to choose. A werewolf with armor makes me howl in the night. Goblins are just gnomes, not really exciting. Sure, it fits into the lore better but fuck the lore. Let's discuss that while my lycan is eating your tiny dessert like intestines.

Rainther

Reaction score
I don't care :p

Still like them alot more then gnomes.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Still not sure what class my worgen will be. I'm thinking either rogue or warlock, and then a goblin hunter.

PsykoReaper

Reaction score
The Worgen!

I like the fact they are adding a face in the alliance that has NO human features, it is like an Aryan Nightmare...I have NO idea what I just said!

But it proves my point, the Alliance DESERVE the ugly race!

Also, I was wicked stoked when I heard the Goblin race, I was like, "FINALLY!" and my friend, Dark Angel, was like, "I get to have a f***in' Hobgoblin! HAHA!"

He curses a lot!

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
As I recall the Worgens are both human and wolf correct? You can stay in either form. So yeah, they do have human features. I could be wrong but either way my dick is huge so life is great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.