Reaction score
Fatal Error when hosted in Multiplayer :/

Why do I get this error?

---------------
This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: MyPath
Exception: 0xC000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F430C91

The instruction at '0x6430C91' referenced memory at '0x00000020'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application

[OK]
----------------

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Somebody made a mistake when creating the map.

This usually happens when you do something in the object editor while holding down shift. Holding shift removes the build in limits for certain object editor data fields. Then you can set values which dont work well. For example button positions out of bounds, like X position -2 or Y position 16 or something like that.
Or making a zeppeling or ship have a maximum cargo hold of more then 10.

When you do something like this and a player selects the unit the game will crash with a similar error message.
It might very well be that the maker of the map did such a mistake.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Thanks, the crash occurs in about 40% of my games with 11 players in, online. This occurs as the game starts, after an extremely long load time.

Could there possibly be a time-out error? For extremely bad computers failing to load the game?

Also, the information there could that by any chance be a reference to a location?
That would definately help me to find the cause and solve the issue.

I tried to move all my triggers that start within the first 3 seconds and on initialization to about 5 seconds. But I'm not sure what else to do?
Should I just attempt to reduce load time?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally it shouldnt crash upon loading if nothing against the standard is being done.
Loading times will never result in a crash but rather in a disconnection message being displayed.

Locations should usually not create crashes either since the game uses the standard center of the map as location if no location is given.

Do you use any jass scripts by chance or plain GUI? Because in Jass there might be reasons for a crash.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Mostly GUI, abit of Jass every now and there. But mainly just for locals, and those are all nulled appropriately.
I can't seem to find a reason for this.

Thanks for the suggestions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.