cd-rom not recognized

U

Unregistered

when i load up battlefield it will show the little "battlefield 1942 logo" then it will say "insert the correct cd into the cd-rom drive and try again" this only happens when i update the game. that includes installing the road to rome.

U

Unregistered

Hapens to me too,.. very frustrating,..been trying alot of different things to get it resolved. Will post fix if I find one.

U

Unregistered

Got the same problem...

anyone know why this may be happening, tried having both cd1 and cd 2 in...

but no joy...

Fe+

F

Fragalot

Also happens to me :(

The game is offical and only happens when I install the latest patch (havn't tried any others yet)

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If you're trying to play Battlefield, make sure your BF1942 disk is in the drive; if you're trying to play Road to Rome, make sure your RtR disk is in the drive (this is necessary now).

Before you play, try ejecting your CD-ROM, closing it again, waiting for the BF install screen to pop-up, closing that screen, and then trying to play.

Also, make sure your CD is in the drive that you used to install Battlefield and that the CD is clean. I've also heard that virtual drives don't work with the 1.45 patch, although I may be wrong.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
correct virtual drive is not working . coz the game is on the harddrive and the game looks for the cd .

intresting side note..
those who did not patch but installed secret weapons add-on do not have to switch cd's .

i put gazala and el alamein in the map rotation on the server and we where surprised no one had to change cd's s. we where going from SW to BF

U

Unregistered

Indeed, this happens to me also. Just bought the game and I can't get the *&^ thing to run. Installed it 4 times (once with new CDs just to be sure), patched twice, even tried a no-cd patch (legal 'cause I own the game). No cigar.
I think I'll go harass some poor EA Tech Support guy to curb my anger.

Cheers,
Locke Cole

F

Fragalot

Fixed

I fixed this problem by installing the latest Nforce 2 drivers (I thought I had the latest), now both Battlefield and OpFlash (which I also had this problem with) work :D

U

Unregistered

Re: Fixed

Originally posted by Fragalot
I fixed this problem by installing the latest Nforce 2 drivers (I thought I had the latest), now both Battlefield and OpFlash (which I also had this problem with) work :D

Good god man, you've solved it! I thought I had the latest drivers too, but it turns out I didn't. Installed them and next thing you know I'm killing Nazis with the best of them! Good show.

Cheers
Locke Cole

U

Unregistered

Re: Fixed

Originally posted by Fragalot

If you don't mind my asking, at what site does one download these drivers? Thanks. John.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.