Centralizing Floating Texts

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
One of the things that bother me about using Floating Texts is that I can't figure out a way to centralize them. For example:

centertext.jpg

For each individual text I can only guess how much I have to set the X position off in order to make it appear as it if was in center. Does anyone know if a better way to do good looking floating texts?

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
One of the things that bother me about using Floating Texts is that I can't figure out a way to centralize them. For example:

centertext.jpg

For each individual text I can only guess how much I have to set the X position off in order to make it appear as it if was in center. Does anyone know if a better way to do good looking floating texts?

You need to find the length of the string and from there determine an offset to use based around that length.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Somekind of message at ((Position of (Nherwyziant)) offset by ((Real((Length of (Entered chat string)))) x 10.00) towards 180.00 degrees) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency

Something like that. But I think you can't centralize a message because of the letter sizes, they have different size.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.