Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
This spell is made in GUI.

Import Difficulty: Low

Units Affected: Enemy, Ground, Organic

Target Type: Single Unit, then chain effects

Spell Info:

A magical hammer is thrown at a target enemy ground unit, which bounces against nearby enemy ground units, dealing damage and stunning. Units that recover from the stun, and are near the chain effects, can be hit by the bolt again. Bounces 1/2/3/4 times.

Level 1 - 75 damage per hit, 1 second stun.
Level 2 - 125 damage per hit, 1.5 second stun.
Level 3 - 175 damage per hit, 2 second stun.
Level 4 - 250 damage per hit, 2.5 second stun.

Here's a fantastic screen-shot:
poofr3.jpg

Map DL:

Attachments

• Chain Storm Bolt.w3x
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,601

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Another nice spell, perhaps harder to edit though. Maybe you should add a couple of comments or something to show the users how to modify the range for example.
Regardless, approved.

And BTW
Code:
Set CSB_Final_Group = (Random 1 units from CSB_Group)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in CSB_Final_Group and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Set Picked_Unit = (Picked unit)
        Set Picked_Unit_Loc = (Position of Picked_Unit)
        Unit - Order Dummy_Unit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Picked_Unit
can be simply
Code:
Set Picked_Unit = (Random unit from CSB_Group)
Set Picked_Unit_Loc = (Position of Picked_Unit)
Unit - Order Dummy_Unit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt Picked_Unit
And of course you should remove the custom script that gets rid of CSB_Final_Group as well if you do it this way.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
If I'm not very much mistaken, they have this on wc3sear.ch with a Garidos model instead.

But that doesn't take away from the usefulness of this spell. I've used it to create Chain Flame (Chain Frost from DotA's Lich, but with fire and the Doom art) and Chain Entangling Roots, and it's helpful for people who don't know JASS. (Like me)

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
If I'm not very much mistaken, they have this on wc3sear.ch with a Garidos model instead.
To tell you the truth, that spell isn't actually coded as well as mine, and mine is actually far easier to edit. My spell can be used as a base for almost any type of chain spell.

M

MysterySoul

Nice! Although, would 'Spinning Storm Bolt' be more fit? Since, it looks like a spinning hammer. :rolleyes:

NaPzt3R

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Good! But it should damage more and stun for a longer time...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet

Screeny isnt working though

Void

Reaction score
Nice

I made chain fireballs with this...
Heheheee FIREE!!111 :shades:

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Can't you post the source code there instead of downloading, then open WE?
I have a very slow computer, and WE take ages to open itself or to open maps.

Also, I would like to know if the angle of the hammer is modified when it hurts the target after, or before the cast. Maybe AngleBetweenPoints(<last target>,<previous target>) may work to get angle of hammer, if you are not using a dummy unit.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Can't you post the source code there instead of downloading, then open WE?
Source code? Sorry I'm a noob.
Also, I would like to know if the angle of the hammer is modified when it hurts the target after, or before the cast.
I can't remember the trigger exactly, but I'm quite sure that as soon as the target is stunned/takes the damage, it creates another dummy unit, or moves the original one to that stunned target's location, then is ordered to Storm Bolt a random target in range of one of those 2 units. So to answer your question, the 'angle' is 'modified', when the target(s) are stunned/damaged.

LastWord

Reaction score
Thank you for this kind of tutorial, it was exactly what i needed for my map ^-^
When you post the spells with GUI instead of JASS is really helpful for us editor-noobs!
I searched the forum for all your threads, Tinki3, and I'm learning a lot with your dota skills, custom spells and spell packs, ty! <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.