Spell ChainHook

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Im pretty sure RaiJin is right, there are still a fair bit more leaks. Im not good with GUI, but i will try to point out the things im pretty sure may leak:

Code:
Unit - Create 1 ChainHook for (Owner of MUICaster[MUI]) at TempPoint facing (Angle from TempPoint to (Target point of ability being cast)) degrees

Target point of ability being casts leaks doesn't it?

Code:
Set TempPoint = ((Position of ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2]) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from (Position of ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2]) to (Position of MUICaster[TempInteger])) degrees)

The multiple positions used in the angle part create another location i think.

Code:
Set TempPoint = ((Position of ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2]) offset by 20.00 towards (Angle from (Position of ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2]) to (Position of ChainHookDummys[(TempInteger2 + 1)])) degrees)

Same as the above.

Code:
Unit - Move ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2] instantly to TempPoint, facing (Angle from (Position of ChainHookDummys[(TempInteger2 + 1)]) to (Position of ChainHookDummys[TempInteger2])) degrees

Pretty similar to the above two.

Im not sure if there are more or not, as the code is so freaking long and hard to understand. Also you may want to fix the tags on your first post, the second trigger isn't set in the tag correctly.

Dirac

Reaction score
Thanks a lot kenny, that was pretty much what i was looking for. Since im a mac user i can't use leak check, and because of the extension of my trigger those are hard to find.
+rep

Update (1.3.2)
-Removed Leaks. (Thanks to kenny! and RaiJin)

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Highly impressive. Few bugs unless this is intended:

-Hook angles moves if you move while it is still being launched.
-You can drag people onto different terrains. You should fix or allow a option for people who don't want that to happen.
-Shooting out of the map should just cause the hook to stop and retract.

But overall, nicely made but needs slight polishing.

Dirac

Reaction score
Highly impressive. Few bugs unless this is intended:

-Hook angles moves if you move while it is still being launched.
-You can drag people onto different terrains. You should fix or allow a option for people who don't want that to happen.
-Shooting out of the map should just cause the hook to stop and retract.

But overall, nicely made but needs slight polishing.

Thank you.
1.- This one would be hard to fix... since the whole sliding thing is very complicated and hard to code
2.- I'll see what i can do
3.- Easy, this one is for sure going to appear on the the next update

Dirac

Reaction score
This thread was almost lost. So im bumping it with a new update. Will this get approved?

Update (1.3.3)
-Reduced Lag
-Added some customization functions
-Minor bug fix
(Special thanks to BlackRose)

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think you should fix the code a little bit. Add some adjustments like: On the way that the hook returns to the hero to be able to hook 1 unit. If the hero misses with hook to be able to catch 1 enemy on the way back...
Mainly the triggers are good and there are MUI. Good job for your hard work. I'm impressed how u made such a long trigger. I don't know how you didn't get lost in the code but try to separete the code in more triggers because it may cause lag in multiplayer playing...

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
One long trigger or a few short ones. There is no diffrence it wont cause lag

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not so relevant, but why the heck does people use temp_point, temp_point2, temp_point3 instead of using a single variable called ''temp_point'' with an array? You could remove all the leaks at the end of the trigger if you did use it instead.

Dirac

Reaction score
Not so relevant, but why the heck does people use temp_point, temp_point2, temp_point3 instead of using a single variable called ''temp_point'' with an array? You could remove all the leaks at the end of the trigger if you did use it instead.

I actually use an array, but clear and remake it constantly, im thinking about improving the code, but would took a long while. On the brightside the lag reduces... right?

Dirac

Reaction score
Can u make my suggestion in the spell? In post #29

Yes, very easily btw, should i take it as a request? im uploading that version for you in this post in a few mins

EDIT: Done

Attachments

• ChainHook v1.3.3b.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 334

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Why dont you upload it in the first post?

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Approved.

Notes to users - this suffers from:
50 instances max.
Direct custom value usage (may conflict with other spells).

Aside from that, I don't really care because it's GUI and I think this spell is unique enough to get approved. Off memory, it's quite nice. :D

If you can fix these issues, please do, nonetheless.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recommend you use hashtables to get rid of the use of custom values.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.