Challenging but creative (and hopefully fun) icon requests

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have in mind an idea for a set of icons, mostly conceptual at this point, that was inspired by a lot of the advanced UI inventory systems that are coming out (you see them in RPG maps and there are some generic systems uploaded to the Hive etc., basically they're an interactive full screen inventory that looks a lot like one you might find in any other RPG - you can check them out here if you haven't seen them).

ANYWAY, obviously these inventories allow you to arrange your items around how you'd like, and I was thinking that one creative use of this might be to make a tile puzzle of sorts. I'm currently working on a puzzle map and I think that having this as a map secret (where if you collect all the relevant items and arrange them in the correct position in your inventory, something will be unlocked) would be perfect for that sort of map.

So basically what I'm looking for is a set of icons (even 9 would suffice for a basic 3*3 layout that would fit together to form a puzzle). The trick is that I'd want them all to be recognizable as item icons in their own right (so for example a helm might turn out to be somebody's head in the puzzle), but of course they have to form a coherent picture and be closely enough themed (I was thinking all the same sort of color scheme) so that when you collect enough of them you might notice something and start fiddling around with them.

I realize that this is a lot of work, but I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take on this sort of project (you could think of it as just creating a larger image and converting it to icons, the hardest part I think is making them all individually viable). If anyone's interested, please let me know and we can talk further about the concept or what the image might be from there.

Thanks a lot,
The Hegemuffin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.