Tutorial Change the UI appearance

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Woah that looks really cool!!! Even if CnP... From where did you take the art/textures from?

R

Ravenore

All right thanks.

Yep, I took them from the WoW's models (despite I had no luck searching for the troll buildings I wanted).

Yep, CnP, but I also used the power of Burn Tool and Dodge Tool to make them less "plain" (since all the models used a Global Light, and that's what I don't want). Also Free Transform tools were used.

Will edit this reply later - I need to test the inventory before posting the final front-end.

EDIT:
IMPORTANT QUESTION - Is there a way to keep or import the already customized changes from the Game Interface to the next map WITHOUT going editing all the paths again?

Less important question is if there is a way to change by default all the Human paths from the Game Interface to match the "race" I putted for the Player 1.

EDIT 2:
Feeling sleepy... I'm having trouble trying to get rid of the HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame and HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorMask01 and HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorMask02. I cannot replace the ugly human time disc with my customized one. Tried setting the paths to match them but I cannot. Any clue?
Here is how it currently displays - need to tweak more:
proba1copycr6.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me... Everytime I try this, the game doesn't display it properly, and it just shows a black box. I am not sure what I have missed out. I deleted all black areas aswell. +rep for anyone who can help.

R

Ravenore

I was wondering if anyone could help me... Everytime I try this, the game doesn't display it properly, and it just shows a black box. I am not sure what I have missed out. I deleted all black areas aswell. +rep for anyone who can help.

A black box? Do you mean that when you try to put the customized interface, instead of the image, it appears a black square? I'm just guessing, but, try this:

Open the import manager and check your interface pieces are properly named, so you know which part is each.
cosa1yp1.jpg

Leave the manager opened from now on. Double click on one of the proper files, click Use Custom Path copy the adress and click cancel.
cosa11bi1.jpg

Then go to the Game Interface tool, around the tabs from the drop down menus on the top.
cosa2ct2.jpg

Then, scroll down all the way until you reach the Image - Console Texture. Be sure to check the little box of Use Custom Game Interface before editing, or else, the changes will not be shown.
cosa3fo8.jpg

Then, click on the proper file. In this case, I am editing the left part of the interface where the Minimap is, so, I double click it, and I paste the copied path from the Import Manager to its corresponding place.

cosa4hr0.jpg

You can see that you did it correctly because a little preview of your image will be shown next to the text boxes (if not, click OK and double click the file again so it refreshes the preview). If the preview doesn't appears, then your path is wrong or the file to wich the path adresses it isn't on its properly format, or either is corrupted.

Press OK when you are done with that file and repeat the process per each of your interface pieces. Don't forget to click OK every time you change a file on the Game Interface, or the changes will not be saved.

Save map and test it again. At least this process above it works fine for me. If it doesn't works for you, then I suspect that your interface graphics are below the 80% of transparency (these kind of transparencies ARE NOT SHOWN in-game, as for what Linamus said).

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Here's an UI I made for my contemporary map Georgesville US:

GV-US_UI.jpg

(Red masked parts are not finished yet ;))

However I can't change the "clock", do you have to alter the MDX for that?

PS: I only speedread through so I can be wrong, but did you talk any about alpha channels?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's an UI I made for my contemporary map Georgesville US:

GV-US_UI.jpg

(Red masked parts are not finished yet ;))

However I can't change the "clock", do you have to alter the MDX for that?

PS: I only speedread through so I can be wrong, but did you talk any about alpha channels?

No. he didn't Which is why I don't think it'll be approved.
As for the clock, There is a seperate 'Clock' skin. Which consists of just the clock. You'll need to edit that. its not a model.

Bump, waiting for approval

Best Ideas Comes When You're Not Thinking
-> The Land Of Wonders
-> Simple Equipment System TuT
-> Enhance Your Terraining
-> Change Warcraft UI Style
-> Download The Land Of Wonders
Ever saw person in Bnet who types "whosyourdaddy"? I saw, lucky me

Read above... Add Alpha channels, And get rid of the horrible examples :D

Anyway, thanks to your insight I ran creative last night, and started to make my first provisional skin for my future fan-fictional campaign. Here the sample:
It is provisional and may be retconed until I get a better hook about how to make it better to the eye and friendly to the game

Still I need to test it today. The inventory layer is not shown, and I will also customize the sun-moon transition picture and the buttons for the Menu, Log, etc. Hell, I want to edit everything (just I'm worried to run out of Warcraft resources... then I guess I will need to create my own fresh ones by modelling and drawing by myself; thing I see pretty encouraging ;) )

Best regards, and thanks again for the tut :D

Sweeeeet. People should really start submitting UI's :p

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Hmm there should be an official thread for posting UIs because they are so cool and yet rarely used in maps o_O. They increase mapsize quite a lot though I guess?

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Hmm there should be an official thread for posting UIs because they are so cool and yet rarely used in maps o_O. They increase mapsize quite a lot though I guess?
Yes. They take up a big section of space, to have a goodlooking one. Allso its hard to make a good one that isnt just CnP, and CnP's are not allowed on most reasorse sites, thus not very popular even if they look good.. o.0

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
CnP's aren't too bad on UI's.

I think you could submit into the Tutorials and Resources. Then it'd get moved to Skins.

Bribe

vJass errors are legion
Reaction score
Well maybe you shouldn't be looking for tutorials in the rejected resources forum.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.