Change Units Model's Color

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'd really love to know the answer too... But I feel like there cant be done anything if you dont screw around with the texture outside of the editor.

Reaction score
You see how the data field has four fields, and disregarding which color you choose, the first one is always 255?

My take is that this first value controls the transparency, and since it's always set to 255, we never see any color change. Perhaps Blizzard forgot to add a slider to control it?

Sensang

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You see how the data field has four fields, and disregarding which color you choose, the first one is always 255?

My take is that this first value controls the transparency, and since it's always set to 255, we never see any color change. Perhaps Blizzard forgot to add a slider to control it?

you can practically modify every value that you can see when you convert it into raw data, by selecting the "view raw data" field. (I'm not saying that it's not at least wierd that you can't change it ^^)

whenever i change it the color is black when i convert it back... really wierd value. However if i leave it as raw data it doesnt do anything either...

Reaction score
I found out a way how to do it.

Basically, we can force the tint of an unit by adding a new event to the actor:
On UnitBirth
Set Tint Color.

Not as nice as changing the actual model's tint, but it does the job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.