Changing attack range

NBalfa

Reaction score
there should be but I think that you can do the same with the spell druid has I mean create the same hero 2 times but if there exist a spell or item that passively increases attack range you can trigger it.

decored

Reaction score
Not the morphing thing I wonder if there is any trigger that can do this.We can modify armour, Attributes,movespeed.hp.mp,What about attack range. I think there is this system where every attacks is based on spell.can this help by changing spell casting range by triggers

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
One cannot edit an attribute such as range, damage, or attack speed through triggers.

It requires something like tomes and upgrades.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Those are abilities. By trigger he probably means no native functions to do so. You can't properly change attack range. You could add it, but to remove it you would need another upgrade which adds negative range. And you can't undo upgrades, so once you increase/decrease. Gone.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
The rifleman in melee has an upgrade to increase his range. It is not reversible (without a negative upgrade, as was said, which means you can reverse it once, or something). The only other way known to me is with morph. You can do a good bearform style system with hiding icons - this was implemented in Savage Creed. There is one last way; using Status you can enable/disable ranged/melee attacks. This has its own perks... :(

decored

Reaction score
The rifleman in melee has an upgrade to increase his range. It is not reversible (without a negative upgrade, as was said, which means you can reverse it once, or something). The only other way known to me is with morph. You can do a good bearform style system with hiding icons - this was implemented in Savage Creed. There is one last way; using Status you can enable/disable ranged/melee attacks. This has its own perks... :(
Can you send me a valid link. Thanks in advance.

RoxasRCG

Reaction score
Actually Very Easy

increasing range / decreasing is very easy, you just go to object editor and adept the range... if you mean change it ingame you need to look for it at triggers, but im sure its there (in triggers) i've seen it before.

ps: i also got a problem with wc3 editor...
plz read it: wc3 editing fail > help plz :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
increasing range / decreasing is very easy, you just go to object editor and adept the range... if you mean change it ingame you need to look for it at triggers, but im sure its there (in triggers) i've seen it before.

lol. i doubt he means inital range, and yes ingame changing of range via triggers on learning an ability can be done i think.

like said above many times, upgrades are the way to go.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.