Changing between attack 1 and 2

Reaction score
So I've got this problem...

I need to change between attack 1 and 2, but things aren't working out for me.
What I've done or tried to do, is use upgrades to change between the 2 attacks but it doesn't seem to work for me.
What happens is, I have a hero whose attack is initially attack 1 only, but when i try to change it through triggers (ie increasing the level of the upgrade) to switch it to attack 2, the attack disappears. As in, where the attack data normally is on the hero it just blacks out, but when i change it back it reappears. Everything other than this works fine, its just that the attack data disappears and thats obviously not good...
The strange thing is, i tried it out on units, and it works fine nothing disappears, the attack is changed and changes back and forth fine.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a work around to this? or any idea why this happens?

i forgot to mention that i matched the attack fields for both attacks EXACTLY, i just want to change between missle and missle (splash).

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I never use Attack 2 on a Hero.
You can try using Orbs. You know, those Orbs (Orb of Slow, Orb of Lightning, Orb of Fire) Those Orbs can change the attack used, between 1 and 2.

If you want to make that attack splashed, why don't you use Orb of Fire ability?

Reaction score
because using the orb splash ability, only uses the damage bonus you set in the ability when giving splash and not the heroes damage.

i forgot to mention that its for orb of annihilation/quill spray which needs the heroes attack to be missile (splash) before it actually splashes. BUT i need it to be normal missile for black arrow to work because the minions don't spawn if the heroes attack is missile (splash).

darkRae

Reaction score
baka-ranger said:
because using the orb splash ability, only uses the damage bonus you set in the ability when giving splash and not the heroes damage

Hwa? Really? I didn't know that :p

baka-ranger said:
orb of annihilation/quill spray which needs the heroes attack to be missile (splash) before it actually splashes

I didn't know about this either :eek: now I'm the 'baka'

K

Kevin17725

Hmmm

Not sure what im saying here but U can try to use a fire orb and make the Data blank and use somthing Differnt to make the Splash

Reaction score
I want it to be auto-castable, and using an orb to replace doesn't really work as stated above, while using an orb to change the attack to attack 2 is really only enabling both attacks? some one correct me if I'm wrong here. BUT even if it did work there'd be a permanent orb effect as long as you had orb of annihilation even if you weren't using it.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
you can try root and unrooting the hero <i found a data feild in the skill root, where it chooses what attacks are enabled>

the blackened thing is because it cant display two attack types for a hero because theres not enough room <because of the stats display>

with that seaid you can try this, with your research method, enable one while disableing the other all in one go, ill check this after my comp is fixed

Reaction score
but the upgrade only only enables one attack at a time.

as in one is "attack 1 only"
and the other is "attack 2 only"

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
make an ability which when cat, adds the orb of fire ability (customized to not add damage). then you can remove the ability.

darkRae

Reaction score
I think he meant if the bonus damage from Orb of Fire is 50, then only 50 is splashed.
How about trying Flying Machine's Flak Cannon ability?

D

dunpealx4

how about mountain giant's war club ability. thats an example. when it grabs a war club, it changed to siege damage.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
What about order unit to damage unit --> check unit around the targeted unit
by damage dealt when it has the buff

Reaction score
I think he meant if the bonus damage from Orb of Fire is 50, then only 50 is splashed.
How about trying Flying Machine's Flak Cannon ability?

I'd rather not have it as an upgrade to give permanent splash...

how about mountain giant's war club ability. thats an example. when it grabs a war club, it changed to siege damage.

i'll check it out but it seems like its only changing damage type.

What about order unit to damage unit --> check unit around the targeted unit
by damage dealt when it has the buff

i'd rather keep it simple and give a permanent splash then trigger it, especially since its an on attack skill...

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill have to agree with you on that, when in doubt i suggest triggering it. much easyer then speinding a week looking though blizzard skills and messing with them.

really, unless your attackspeed is super fast, i doubt it would lagg, even for slow computers

and yea, im still waiting for my main comp to come back, this sub one is so friken slow, and my dad managed to get it infected while i was in school.... that bastard!

darkRae

Reaction score
baka-ranger said:
I'd rather not have it as an upgrade to give permanent splash...

The upgrade "Flak Cannon" does nothing, the ability does the effect.
You can remove the ability later.....
When it activates the ability, give him the ability. Then check if he still has the buff. If he doesn't, remove the ability.

darkRae

Reaction score
(oops, I thought it was a spell)

Then, this spell will be practically impossible unless you trigger it (which is a hassle) Which Hero can have 2 Auto-Cast Arrows anyway, kinda sound imba (maybe)

Have you tried Orb of Annihilation though?

Reaction score
lol well its for my map "custom hero line wars" just adding new abilities, and if you read my first post and your first reply you'll get your answer :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.