Changing creep behaviour

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Hello,

6sdovt.jpg

The creep stands in front of the tower and gets killed.
What I want to do is that the creep goes to the farms, kills them and then heads to the tower to finish it off.
Is there any chance of getting this done?

Vibon

Reaction score
make a trigger that orders the unit to destroys farms first, then next the tower. Its pretty simple.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
make a trigger that orders the unit to destroys farms first, then next the tower. Its pretty simple.

It was just an example. You can replace the farms with every other building so you can replace the tower with a unit.

dudeim

Reaction score
As far as I know all buildings and units have priority maybe trying changing those values.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
priority is not used for attacks, it determines which unit comes first when you select numerous units at once. for example, if you select a grunt and a shaman, the first unit in the selection queue will be the shaman because of its higher priority.

as far as i know, and i toyed around with stuff like this alot when i was avidly map making, what you try to do is not possible.
the build-in auto-attack AI sets the target priorities depending on certain conditions like distance, whether the enemy got an attack or not or the armor type.
for example, give your farms an attack which does nothing (0 dmg) and change the armor type of the tower to fortified and the armor type of the farms to big and the farms will always get attacked first. why? because units without attack will not be targeted first whatsoever, and units with fortified armor are the least to be attacked.
it would also be helpful to make the farms immovable units because units always have a greater priority then structures.

this is at least what i can remember when i was testing the neutral creep and enemy AI.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
priority is not used for attacks, it determines which unit comes first when you select numerous units at once. for example, if you select a grunt and a shaman, the first unit in the selection queue will be the shaman because of its higher priority.

as far as i know, and i toyed around with stuff like this alot when i was avidly map making, what you try to do is not possible.
the build-in auto-attack AI sets the target priorities depending on certain conditions like distance, whether the enemy got an attack or not or the armor type.
for example, give your farms an attack which does nothing (0 dmg) and change the armor type of the tower to fortified and the armor type of the farms to big and the farms will always get attacked first. why? because units without attack will not be targeted first whatsoever, and units with fortified armor are the least to be attacked.
it would also be helpful to make the farms immovable units because units always have a greater priority then structures.

this is at least what i can remember when i was testing the neutral creep and enemy AI.

Thank you for this response. I tried that and it does work, however it does not work when the tower is too far away from the farms.
Our project got buried anyway, since 2 of the team quit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.