Changing the type of a unit

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Is there any way I can change the classification of a unit via triggers or abilities?

I want to give my units the "Ancient" classification (and remove it later)?

(I can't use Bear Form, Crow Form or things like that as they require specific unit types and creating 50 abilities and 50 unit types for only one spell is not worth it)

Thanks in advance!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I'd say try Metamorphosis unless you need it to be toggled. In that case you could also try Uproot. You can always trigger the ability later on if need be.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Wow. How could I miss those functions? I'm blind.

Btw Metamorphosis can not add classification and suffers from the same problem "Bear Form" does: it can only work for specific unit types and creating an ability + a new unit type for each unit type sucks.

Thanks + rep.

EDIT: I forgot about something.... adding/removing unit types will not work, it just makes everything even more complicated. Nvm, triggers save the day as always :)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I've got a NewGen but I think I used the wrong keywords...
This whole spell messes me up and I could not really concentrate on it I guess...

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
My friend came up with an idea: the caster and the target enters another dimension (The Nether). The target is slowed and gets damage over time.

This part is supposed to prevent other units to attack these units. But I had to add a new trigger to the init function and stop units attacking them.

Actually the DoT, slow, etc part is not hard as I'm good vJASS coder, but this spell... I'll have to rewrite my HP bar, effect, etc triggers. It's a lot of work...

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Ethereal/Banish effect?
Try adding the Dead classifications maybe? Dunno what'd they do, probably nothing actually
Make it so they can't damage other units except eachother through triggers? And no one else can hurt them?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I've already realised that I can make them vulnerable to each other via triggers. I just have to change the filter in my "EnumEnemies" module - that's implemented into each spellstruct that uses AoE damage, it's easy.

But making them only visible by each other... There's no way to make a unit visible to only one player. Even with the GetLocalPlayer()+SetUnitVertexColor() functions' are not enough, some particles are still visible and the tooltip will still appear if you move your cursor over that unit.

I think I'll have to reject this spell... It's cool, it's near fully implemented but the WC3 engine doesn't provide us enough free space to do this :(

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Just a thought I'm throwing on here
Make them both permanently invisible and attach a True Sight unit to caster and target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.