Changing the vertex color modification of the slow effect

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Well, I have a really lame question: how does the slow effect work? Is that a simple vertex color modification? Or what? I would like to change the color to something "burning" (so I need a red version), but I don't know exactly how does it work.

But if you can give me something other spell which changes the unit's color to red, that's far enough too (the "SetUnitVertexColor" function doesn't work, because we can't detect the original vertex colors of the models.)

TomTTT

Reaction score
Well, I just typed a whole bunch of crap here and noticed it won't help, so I delete it.
I'd suggest you'll just download a model and change the Slow's buff's model to it, or trigger it, with changing the movement speed action and adding a special effect on the unit.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Okay, but the problem is that I don't know about any model which changes the color of the unit to red. (The word "burning" was just an example... I don't need any fire, I just need a red unit)

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (Your unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

???

They tell you the syntax is (R,G,B) so getting red would mean something like
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (Your unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 40.00%, 40.00%) with 0.00% transparency

right?

Jedi

Reaction score
Moradiae
You need to know unit's normal vertex color values to turn him back, so you need to store every unit types vertex coloring in a hashtable.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't understand, I thought the function refers to the unit's original vertex color itself?
I have one trigger with
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 40.00%, 40.00%) with 0.00% transparency

then later
Trigger:
  • Animation - Change (unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency

and did a testing and the color changed back to normal properly (with a control unit next to the unit doing the changing)

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Yes, it works if each value of your your unit is 255. But check it out yourself:
Place 2 Dark Troll on a map. Change the first troll's vertex color to something, then change it back to 100%. You'll see the difference between the two unit.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ahh I see =3=

so 100% of 255, thus the use of hashtables to store all the tinting for none 255 colors, ok ok, apology for my ignorance :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.