channeling speel, how to make it non channeling?

akuzaid93

Reaction score
How to change channeling spell like rain of fire, stempede, starfall and much more to normal spell where the caster only uses a short period of time casting it and can continue doing what it suppose to do while the spell, still continues until it expires.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
You would instead give the hero a substitute ability and have a trigger to create an invisible "dummy" caster unit, add the real ability to it, and order it to cast that ability, whenever the hero casts the substitute ability. To learn more about using "dummy" casters, have a look in this site's tutorial section.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
If you mean reducing the casting time, I suppose you can modify it in the Object Editor's spell tag, no?

TomTTT

Reaction score
If you mean reducing the casting time, I suppose you can modify it in the Object Editor's spell tag, no?

Reducing the casting time won't change anything, because what causes Stampede and Starfall and Tranquility to what you call "cast time" is acctually the Duration set. If you change the duration, the ability's time will change. I think Weep's way was the best. When a unit cast this ability, create a dummy unit at it's position, give it the ability being cast and set it to the level of the casting unit, and then order it to use it, while ordering the casting unit to "stop". (maybe try to pause it, order it to stop, then unpause).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.