Chaos Attack?

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Is there anything special about this attacks type?
I think I heard somewhere it ignores armor is that true?

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
there is no specific armor reduction or damage bonus.
like magic which does double damage to heavy armor
but it doesnt ignore armor

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
If you refer to ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS, it doesn't "ignore" armor...

It is just set to deal 100.00% primary damage to all armor types in the Gameplay Constants.

As soon as you change the Gameplay Constants Chaos damage table, it won't "ignore" armor-type-reduction anymore.

So in short:
--> Incoming damage
-> Check attack type vs armor type and apply reduction (none in case of chaos)
-> Check armor amount and apply 0.06^armor_amount reduction
-> Apply reduced damage to unit

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
The only thing special about chaos attack, to my knowledge, is that it defaultly does 100% damage to every armor type. I just tested it before posting this, Chaos does not ignore armor. Arthaswithfrostmourne, who has 46-56 damage at level 1, only did 31 damage to something with 9 heavy armor. Therefore, armor is still considered.

Edit: Damn, Magnetix beat me to it.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Note, that chaos damage also does reduced damage to divine armor (or am I mistaking?)
If it ignored armor it would not deal reduced damage to divine armor.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> Edit: Damn, Magnetix beat me to it.

It's Magentix.

If you're interested in making a damage that is not reduced by anything, then deal damage via trigger of attack-type Chaos, damage-type Universal.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
The only thing special about chaos attack, to my knowledge, is that it defaultly does 100% damage to every armor type. I just tested it before posting this, Chaos does not ignore armor. Arthaswithfrostmourne, who has 46-56 damage at level 1, only did 31 damage to something with 9 heavy armor. Therefore, armor is still considered.

Edit: Damn, Magnetix beat me to it.

Since I cannot give rep to Magentix right now, you have some :)

Onnings

Reaction score
Oh..wait, yes. Divine barely took damage from all exept for chaos. Was that it?
Aye, as far as I can remember, in the RoC campaign, some bloodcrazed orc and his bloodcrazed hordes needed chaos damage to kill some tree-humping demi-god.* You see, the demi-god had Divine Armor, which reduced all damage taken to 10% or somesuch, making him practically unkillable with regular units.

Chaos damage doesn't ignore unit armor, but it ignores Armor-type increases / penalties, and is the only realistic counter to Divine armor.

*Names withheld to avoid spoilers. >.>

Malkier

Reaction score
chaos damage is the only damage type that can penetrate divine armor. period. Divine armor is used in the RoC campaign twice - in the orc campaign Cenarius has it, and in the Night Elf campaign Tichondrius has it so can only be defeated when Illidan gains demon form.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.