Spellpack Chaos Spells

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
At fire blast make unit face within 0 seconds.
Your chaos line & meteor spell are a bit unsafe, too much things can go wrong. Also you could improve the coding. You are recycling at 1000 instead of 8190. You could also turn on/off triggers and add conditions to make the coding more optimized.

Spells complex as this should really be made with Jass... Not only that reading this code is a pain it could be really improved.

As it is I don't find this resource approveable. Unless other staff member decides to approve this, this will remain unapproved. Sorry, thanks for contributing though!!

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
At fire blast make unit face within 0 seconds.
Your chaos line & meteor spell are a bit unsafe, too much things can go wrong. Also you could improve the coding. You are recycling at 1000 instead of 8190. You could also turn on/off triggers and add conditions to make the coding more optimized.

Spells complex as this should really be made with Jass... Not only that reading this code is a pain it could be really improved.

As it is I don't find this resource approveable. Unless other staff member decides to approve this, this will remain unapproved. Sorry, thanks for contributing though!!

What do you mean with the fire should i do it or did id o it and its wrong and what can go wrong with the chaos line and meteor and what can be optimized

Gtam

Reaction score
Bump. why cant the questions be anwsered

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Add a little more variety to the spells.
Seems to me like you're making the same spell over and over again, but with different models and a different way or triggering it.
Chaos line is the most unique, but it goes in a line (like all the rest)

Periodic event should be 0.03 instead of 0.01. 0.01 is known to cause bugs.

Other than that, They are good and some people can find them useful, however importing is a bit longer than other spells (which doesn't really matter to some people)

It's GUI, so people can definately learn on how you made those spells. For GUI spells, these are pretty good.

Just to help you out and encourage you, +rep.

Gtam

Reaction score
Thx for appreciating some GUI spells. I will try to make my next spell pack so that each spell is diffrent.

Compute(<>)

Reaction score
nice spell pack its awsome and all those models that looks like you imported but actulay just normal models. +rep from my side for the great spells and making me learn a thing or two in the object editor.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you're using an array here (Fire Blast spell):

Trigger:
  • Set FB_Offset[(Integer A)] = (FB_Caster_Loc offset by FB_TempLine towards FB_Angle degrees)

You can just use a single temppoint variable ;) (Will save a tiny bit of memory ;))

Also, maybe make the 150.00 here a configurable, so you can easily change the distance between the effects ;)

Trigger:
  • Set FB_TempLine = (FB_TempLine + 150.00)

And again, why array here (Chaos Line spell):
Trigger:
  • Set RL_C_P[RLI] = (Position of RL_C[RLI])
    • Set RL_Selected_P[RLI] = (Target point of ability being cast)
    • Set RL_Temp[RLI] = (RL_C_P[RLI] offset by 200.00 towards (Angle from RL_C_P[RLI] to RL_Selected_P[RLI]) degrees)

Just use normal temp stuff there (I know you're using that in the other trigger, but it's not the same :p)

I'd also suggest you change the event from 0.01 to 0.03 (And then also change the damage from 1.00 to 3.00 ;))

I'd really like if you added a lot more configurables in the triggers, like the AoE of all hte group selections, and stuff like that ;)
You can (Almost) never have too many configurables... ;)

In "Meteor", what is this line doing here:
Trigger:
  • If (AIM2 Less than 100) then do (Set AIM2 = (AIM2 + 1)) else do (Set AIM2 = 1)

I can't see you using that variable anywhere...

Also, same here... Change the event to 0.03 or something... ;)

And, yet again... Why array here ?!
Trigger:
  • Set M_DamageP[0] = (Position of (Picked unit))

It's just unecessary to use that many arrays when you don't need them...

Anyways, hope some mod can review this soon, as I think it's in good shape to handle it ;)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
For Flame Strike, may I suggest not using Shadow Strike? 2 Shadow Strikes will not stack. Instead, damage using trigger and add an aura to reduce the attack speed instead. Then remove it after the duration using dummy and expiration timer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.