Charge Question

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey guys im trying to make a charge spell.. Everything is good(the knockback, the casting, the effects), everything exept the movespeed increasement. How can i increase the move speed of my hero by something every X seconds. I know how to make that but how to return it to normal if the spell is stoped, or finished...

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Use periodic movement? Or store the current movement speed to a variable and then change it back to that.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Y, i thought of that but w8.. We will have a problem, for example if the unit be4 he uses charge is buffed by a bloodlust(or any other ability that increases movespeed), so it will store that value(with increased movespeed). When he will finish the charge he'll have constant increasement... How to fix this?

Look at this for better example:

Base: 300
Bloodlust increasement: 20%
Movespeed after the charge: 360

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Oh, thats an idea... But why? Myb a hero will waste a perfectly strong spell on the barathrum and he will lose it. Bad idea, here it says that it is an unholy aura but i don't see the buff on the status bar when barathrum casts the spell. Other suggestions?

warroom99

Reaction score
the buff is at the enemy (track) so that u can still see it while it is running, i think u should store it as you pick the hero, because it still have no item, skills and buffs

Igor_Z

Reaction score
I really don't know how to make it :(... All i can find is JASS resources, i like to be in GUI

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Add to the Hero Unholy Aura (or Endurance Aura) with Targets allowed to Self and increase level of the ability every X seconds or every X distance moved, so that it becomes the previous speed value, after removing the ability.

Igor_Z

Reaction score
Hmm, myb it will work 10x... But the buff will say lvl1 or lvl2, lvl4. + i need to add it to a spellbook so it will be hidden, Am i wrong?

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Yes, i think this will do the trick. Plus, use Actions -> Player - Disable ability for (Owner of (Casting/Triggering unit)).

Igor_Z

Reaction score
W8, if i use disable ability on other ability(not spellbook) will it be shown or will it have the same effects(+ms, +as, +dmg etc..)?

Pharaoh_

Reaction score
Add the ability of Endurance Aura into the spellbook. When you cast the spell, add the spellbook in the ability and disable it through triggers. Well, it will show the buff icon :I
Hm, then use item ability instead, like Boots of Speed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.