[Chart] Text Message Areas

Laosh'Ra

Reaction score
When using text messages you have to chose an area where the text is going to be displayed. Unlike in Warcraft 3, the textsize does not depend on the resolution. I took myself some time to sum things up (the "warning" area is not listed here as it seems to have somehow bugged with my testing conditions):

Message Area Chart based on strings being displayed as text messages

Accumulation: Maximum number of message on the screen (Replacing means 1; ",5" means only the bottom half is shown for the most upper message)
Decay: Will the messages disappear over time (No = wait for it to be replaced or cleared with another triggeraction)
Length: the maximum length of a message before the surplus chars are not displayed anymore.
Unconfirmed: The length may vary depending on the type of chars (e.g. "i" is smaller than "m")
Length: x + "...": any message longer than x will be cut down to x chars, adding a ... at the end of the message (the string is still fully stored)
Length: x + out-of-screen: any message longer than x will exceed the right edge of the screen, thus only x chars can be read properly
Special: (unique) characteristics of the Message Area, also including the position of the text

Subtitles(non-Cinematic) / Chat:
Accumulation: 7,5
Decay: yes
Limit: 48 + "..."
Special:
The field is shared with common chat messages and menu feedback e.g. "Music Disabled (Ctrl + M)", subtitles can be "turned off during cinematics",
the subtitle area is the same as the chat area by default.

Cinematic:
Accumulation: replacing
Decay: no
Limit: 57 + out-of-screen
Special:
Covers parts of the minimap and the lower interface. Biggest letters.

Debug:
Accumulation: 22
Limit: 73 + "..."
Special:
Covers the left of the screen, piling up the the top edge.

Objective:
Limit: 19 + "..."
Special:
Upper left of the screen.

Directive:
Decay: no
Limit: 22 + "..."
Special:
Top middle of the screen (think of Warcraft 3 upkeep messages). Messages which exceed the Limit are placed 1 line lower than usual.

Error:
Accumulation: 4 (or 2,5 Limit-exceeding)
Limit: 24 + "..."
Special:
Left of the screen. Messages which exceed the Limit are placed 1 line lower than usual. Default color is red.

Unconfirmed: Warning seems to malfunction with longer strings

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.