Check Video Cable --> Monitor Going To Sleep

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've ran into problems with our 4-years old HP computer. When I start it, the screen first says "Check Video Cable", then in 5-10 seconds it changes to "Monitor going to sleep..." and simply shuts off.

My dad and I thought it might be the video card that simply stopped working since it seemed like the monitor wasn't receiving the signals from the computer. So we changed it. We bought a new one, and the same problem still occurs every time you turn the computer on. We checked the cable through connecting it to another computer and the monitor and it works fine, so it shouldn't be the monitor...

The video card is slightly upgraded.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
//Carl-Fredrik

MnkyOf[-]ate

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
computer itself might be toast. Does it beep at all when you start it up?

Edit: make sure fans are spinning when you power it up, try cleaning dust out and re-seating your ram... I've had dust do some strange things to my computer.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
We checked the cable through connecting it to another computer and the monitor and it works fine, so it shouldn't be the monitor...
Don't be so sure even if it works on the other comp.. but it can be something with the monitor.. I know one who had same problems and it was the monitor that was broken. But check the other thing first..

Da_HP_Geek

Reaction score
Check with an other screen to the computer. We was forced to do that, when our screen colapsed and it was the screen. I recognize "Monitor going to sleep". Our screen said it to and we'd to buy a new screen. To bad...

Well, I hope u are more lucky than me :thup:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Ack! One of those tried to help was a waste of time more of a cheering section type of thing. At least we tried! 24k Views on this thread Hall of Fame!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.