Report Children adopted by same-sex couples fare as well as or better than those adopted by heterosexuals

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Haha^

Just one thought, How would the child handle this "later in their life.?"

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Just one thought, How would the child handle this "later in their life.?"
So long as the child is taught to treat heterosexuality the same way, there shouldn't be much of a problem.

Ironically it seems to be straight parents that aren't giving the right kind of education here.

FireCat

Reaction score
Well, being gay Isn't natural at all! And why give education of such thing?

So long as the child is taught to treat heterosexuality the same way, there shouldn't be much of a problem.
I agree, like I said! But well, I stumbled upon this article: Kids of gay parents fare worse, study finds, but draws fire from experts.

CBS News) A new study that finds children of a gay or lesbian parent may be more likely to have social and emotional problems has sparked controversy on both sides of the same-sex marriage debate.

The study, from Mark Regnerus, an associate professor of sociology at The University of Texas at Austin, surveyed more than 15,000 Americans between the ages of 18 and 39, asking them questions about their upbringings. Its findings are published in the July issue of Social Science Research.

One survey question asked whether a parent had been in a same-sex relationship during a child's upbringing; Regnerus wanted to see whether there were differences between kids raised in a household by a parent in a same-sex relationship compared with those who were raised by biological parents who were married and heterosexual. The survey results were measured by a set of 40 outcomes on social, emotional and relationship factors. Outcomes included whether a child had grown up to need public assistance like welfare, were more likely to have anxiety or depression, were more likely to be abused, or were more apt engage in unhealthier habits such as having more sexual partners, smoking or using drugs.

Regnerus' analysis identified 175 now-adult children who said they were raised by a lesbian mother, along with 73 who said their father was in a same-sex relationship. Focusing on the larger sample, the study found respondents whose mother had a same-sex relationship fared worse on 24 of the 40 tested outcomes, compared with children of an intact heterosexual couple.
Read Moar Here.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well, being gay Isn't natural at all! And why give education of such thing?
sorry WHAT

I agree, like I said! But well, I stumbled upon this article: Kids of gay parents fare worse, study finds, but draws fire from experts.

"flawed, misleading, and scientifically unsound paper that seeks to disparage lesbian and gay parents."

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
Oh, dear Lord. Forgive this ignorant fool.
Why does he do this? He purposefully builds our hopes up, making us think he's finally thinking straight and then he makes a 180 and goes full speed to square one.

FireCat

Reaction score
and goes full speed to square one.
No I'm not! I Just want more answers! whoa, what's wrong with that? And Btw: Almost everyone's talking about the gays, but not about the children. eh?
You know how "it's out there" Don't you? One way it's morally wrong.. what they do. But If the kids will be all right. that's fine. I don't say nothin about that ! ( "Being gay Just Isn't natural." Love is natural.)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, like that sentence:
"Being gay Just Isn't natural." Love is natural.
Gonna be my next custom title.

Edit: or not, since it doesnt fit >.<. Damn you firecat!!!

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
So then gay love isn't really love at all? Just when I thought I was starting to understand things...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.