Spell Chill Flash

Ivach

Reaction score
Chill Flash v1.00
Trigger Enhanced (GUI)

I'm not exactly sure if it's MUI or MPI, or whether I missed any leaks or bugs. My first spell, and it's fairly simple.

(Note that duration and damage can tweaked for balance, this is just an example.)

Chill Dash [C]
Dashes forward with a blade enchanted with freezing cold. All units coming into contact with Hero during his dash will be encased in frozen ice, dealing 35 damage per second and forbidding movement for a short duration. Non-hero units have double duration.

Level 1 - 2 seconds.
Level 2 - 3 seconds.
Level 3 - 4 seconds.

wc1rq6.png

wc2mw2.png

Changelog
v1.00
-Posted on www.thehelper.net
v1.01
-Fixed leaks. (Thanks to Daxtreme)
v1.02
-Fixed lag.

Attachments

• Chill Flash v1.02.w3x
    37.1 KB · Views: 581
Reaction score
Chill Flash or Chill Dash?

Looks quite cool, but I cannot open WE now to see coding and so on >_>

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Code:
i think the triggers are leak free though...and there are somthing can be change..

This
Code:
Set Caster_Position = (Position of Caster)
To this
Code:
Set Caster_Position = Caster_Position

This
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Freeze_range and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of Caster) at Caster_Position facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Entangling Roots to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chill Flash  for Caster)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
        Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Freeze_range)

To
Code:
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of Caster) at Caster_Position facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots for (Last created unit) to (Level of Chill Flash  for Caster)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)

And nice spell indeed...impreze !! :D :D :D :D
+Rep

Ivach

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedbacks.

@Überplayer
I actually thought of Chill Dash, but it seems like a common name for another dash spell. Hehe.

@Hatebreeder
Thanks, glad you liked it.

@~GaLs~
For the Caster_Position, how would it make a difference for it? Reduce lag or something? I'm still learning the ropes and hope that you would go into detail.

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Cool looking spell yeah ? :cool: +rep!!

Anyways .. its kinda weird .. when .. u have the ice ring thingy on the blademaster .. and doesnt freeze any units when he passes by .. but only freezes AFTER the spell is finished ..

The spell is nice and smooth overall .. :)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Code:
Set Caster_Position = (Position of Caster)

because the 2nd trigger wont know who is the ''caster''...
trigger wont has relationship and knowing each other..:)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He must use (Position of Caster) because setting a variable to itself is useless.

He must know where is the Caster at this point, and to do this you set a variable to his current position.

> and doesnt freeze any units when he passes by .. but only freezes AFTER the spell is finished ..

Indeed. Your dummy has a cast backswing value. You need to set it to 0.00 in the object editor. It is located under the abilities.

-------------

Your triggers leak a bit.

Code:
Then - Actions
    Unit - Unpause Caster
    Unit - Turn collision for Caster On
    Animation - Reset Caster's animation
    Custom script:   set udg_Caster = null
   [B] Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Move_To_Point)[/B]
    Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    Trigger - Turn off Freeze <gen>

The variable should be Target_Point, not Move_To_Point. It is already destroyed before the if-then-else.

Code:
Freeze
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        [B]Set Caster_Position = (Position of Caster)[/B]
        Set Freeze_range = (Units within 145.00 of Caster_Position)
            Loop - Actions

Bolded point needs to be removed somewhere in this trigger, maybe at the end. And move the last action outside of the loop.

----------
Awesome for first spells ;)

Ivach

Reaction score
I fixed up the leaks. About the cast backswing point, i set it to zero but the freeze still shows up after a while. I guess it's due to the slower animation of the freezing breath buff.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really don't know why, but after about 50 times I cannot even cast it anymore. the comp freezes because of unknown lag. Your spells don't even leak -_-

Test it too. Kill all the murlocs, then the trolls, and then kill the bears. Near the end it should start lagging. If it doesn't, try with the wolves too.

Ivach

Reaction score
Apparently it does. I think I discovered the root of the problem. Fixed it and it doesn't seem to lag on my computer anymore. Does anyone mind trying it to see if it lags?

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
One of the trolls heals himself when he is frozen, trolls cant heal themselves when theyre frozen in real life right:D ?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it is intended (even if it may sound strange ;)) as the unit is "immobilized", not "stunned".

It can't move, but it can fight!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then the unit must not have been frozen.

Aimed your ability correctly?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just tested it, and they do move.

But by move I mean that they turn around, which is perfectly fine.

They still can't walk, and "move" for real.

Ivach

Reaction score
Well, since the freeze is based off entangling roots. The unit can cast spells and turn, but attack and movement is prohibited.

Blackrage

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, since the freeze is based off entangling roots. The unit can cast spells and turn, but attack and movement is prohibited.

Then why not just base the spell off of storm bolt and make a trigger where the units in a group recieve damage each seconds?;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.