World China menaced by exploding poop; Poop explosion topples building.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
BEIJING, China – A cesspool filled with excrement has exploded in central China, injuring 15 people and knocking down a building, state-run media reported.

The blast was apparently sparked by a local man burning waste close to the cesspool, igniting methane gas which was emanating from the pit, the Xinhua news agency said late on Sunday, November 23.

The incident in Zhangjiajie city, in the central province of Hunan, caused a residential building to collapse and three of the injured had to be hospitalized, Xinhua said.

China's urban infrastructure has often been hastily built with little regard for safety as hundreds of millions of people have moved from the countryside to cities in recent decades.

In another excrement-related incident, a man and his mother both died trying to retrieve his wife's new mobile phone – worth 2,000 yuan ($320) – from a toilet septic tank, reports said in May.

The man jumped in to try to locate the phone but was overcome by fumes and passed out, according to Dahe, a web portal run by the provincial government in central Henan province. – Rappler.com

Last edited by a moderator:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I was gettin' worried for a minute, I haven't heard of any China-related explosions in a while. A real weight off the shoulders.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the crackdowns on officials may have reduced the incidents a bit.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
So.. any suggestions as to what I should place my $$ on exploding next from china? I'm thinking chinaware dishes and porcelain..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.