World China Menaced by Exploding Soy Sauce.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Even China’s best known traditional sauce is exhibiting explosive properties, with diners throughout China now in danger of being unexpectedly seasoned.

A 1.9 litre bottle of soy sauce was found to have exploded in a village dining facility, generously spraying the room with its contents.

The bottle was supposedly only 5 months old and had a shelf life of 18 months, but secondary fermentation had taken place, causing pressure in the bottle to build to explosive levels.

Soy sauce is normally pasteurised after fermentation, sterilising it and stopping further fermentation; this process was apparently omitted or botched in the case of the exploding bottle.

A variety of similar cases have been reported; Chinese media has been stressing the importance of not leaving soy sauce in warm places for long periods of time lest it explode.

Like, WTF... Now, food ingredients are prone to exploding...

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
And i always thought nintendos games are over the top difficult. Like anything you touched in those old NES games killed you instantly.
Now it turns out really everything in china is trying to kill you, the groceries included.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
They should put a "Warning: May Explode" label on every product they make. Just in case!

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
I think reporters are going around looking for stories of random stuff that has exploded in china. I don't think that chinese stuff is particularly explosive, its just the only stories we hear are of chinese crap exploding. Think about it, >1 billion people in china, and the story we hear? One bottle of soy sauce explodes from fermentation pressure.

FireCat

Reaction score
its just the only stories we hear are of chinese crap exploding
Okay, lets start counting.

1> Exploding Watermelons
The concept of exploding watermelons may seem amusing but if you're a Chinese farmer and your chief cash crop has started to pop, that smug smile will quickly turn upside down. The odd phenomenon was noted across a wide swath of eastern China during the summer of 2011 and initial reports blamed the mass melonicide on farmers who overused a plant growth stimulator. Trouble is, even growers who didn't use the chemical had their fruit go kaput.

2>Exploding Mobile Phones
Mobile phones have occasionally emitted smoke, caught fire and yes - exploded - but it seems to happen more in China than anywhere else. Could it be that counterfeit batteries made in China are the culprits?

3> Exploding Computer Monitors
A 22-year-old woman from China’s Zhejiang province reports her computer monitor making like a "volcano" mere seconds after she had turned on. Now THAT's one realistic screensaver! Ironically, the monitor had just been returned from the manufacturer who evidently missed that small but important defect.

4> Exploding Office Chairs
Most of us have worked, rested and/or played while sitting on an airlift chair that is raised and lowered through the action of a small pressurized gas cylinder incorporated into the seat. A very small percentage of the former have been unfortunate enough to experience the sudden, violent explosion of the latter: at least 5 cases since 2007,

5> Exploding Coins
A 3-year-old boy in Fujian province experienced China's economic boom first hand, so to speak, when a 1-yuan (about 15 cents) coin exploded as he was using it to pay for rides at a local park. We've heard of getting some bang for your bucks but seriously... The lad was shocked and surprised but suffered no ill effects other than soot-stained fingers. Incredibly, this isn't the first case of exploding coins in China. "Next up, exploding notes. China, you can do it!,” exclaimed.
"And so on hmm

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
because thats the brand everyone buys in china... Lets not make the generalization that because the news posts stuff related to the side in china that often messes with their material to achieve more profitability to the actual side of life.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, a serious question here.
You guys actually come from china, so, do you believe those news or is it just what the western media wants us to believe how it looks in the evil parts of the world?

FireCat

Reaction score
do you believe those news
They sell things worldwide don't they? Well, there's no doubt some products are dangerous. It isn't fake! Do you prefer to Know or Not to Know? Maybe they should Just sweep under the carpet as fast as they could?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
All those claims of chinese products exploding happened in china. I didnt read a single article about chinese products exploding in any other part of the world.

That leaves me to believe it might be fake, why only in china? Because it is really hard to get reliable sources from there. If they claim it happened in france you should be able to read it in dozens of well known papers around the world.

FireCat

Reaction score
Maybe because they don't Priority the safety?! Simple as that

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, a serious question here.
You guys actually come from china, so, do you believe those news or is it just what the western media wants us to believe how it looks in the evil parts of the world?

I live near China. I can tell you they are in fact 100% telling the truth. Before I post these "exploding" news, I usually check to see if they are translated from a Simplified Chinese news article. Sankaku Forum news admin, Artefact, always link references from either Japan, or some Simplified Chinese news site with videos and such, and then translates the foreign language to English for us to read.

As you can see, since the ever Great Firewall of China, only a few numbers of news outlet from inside mainland China ever get to be seen from outside. Artefact obtains these news from those news outlet and let the Western media catch up onto this train.

Hope this answers your question.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I have a game. Let's find something in China that doesn't explode.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.