World China: Mobs “Mistakenly Burn Down” Samsung Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You try to justified these news because you think he is local, that is like me posting news about new Zealand when i live in Australia, then you go on to say that almost all of the news are negative.
I dont know where he is living, for all i know he could just as well be from france or britain. I am just assuming he is from china because that is what i recal i have read at some point.
And i guess even if he is not living at the exact location where it happened it still applies the rule that the closer you are living to that location the more reliable you are as a source.
if i was the one posting these articles it would be far less reliable in my opinion. I assume that people living in the proximity of the event have heard more about it and are probably less biased. And keep in mind, all news are biased, thats why i specificly said less biased.

So are you encouraging the continuation of these news from that site of source?
I'm not trying to diminish what Tom does, i appreciate him taking the time to post everything but can you honestly tell me with a straight face that site sankakur is not blatantly anti-china?
I dont know the site, i did not really look much at the sources of all of those articles because i personally do not trust any news coming from china, north-korea or russia.
Whether its positive or negative news, everything about china & co is regarded as possibly false or incomplete information by me.
But those news articles are always fun to read and to discuss so i definitely encourage tom to keep them coming. yes.

Okay like you said, Asia. Going by what you're saying Asia = China.
When was the last time you've seen news about a country in Asia other than China?
I dont know, cannot tell by heart, i guess kearf said something about malaysia recently but he did not make an own thread for it but highjacked some other thread.
But come on, all articles on this site are either about china, USA or the middle-east (syria, lybia, etc). Only very rarely we have canada or one or the other european country being mentioned.

You just proved my point. If you don't know whats going on in Asia yet all the news you see from Asia is from here then what happens?
I dont know whats going on in asia anyways.
For all i know there could be space cows ruling those countries with lazer beams and all information i get from the media is false.
What i read in these articles is definitely not going to change my view about it.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
You say that proximity makes for a more reliable source, so that means since I've lived there for a period of years and have many families and etc... for information i should have the most reliable source?

For all i know there could be space cows ruling those countries with lazer beams and all information i get from the media is false.
What i read in these articles is definitely not going to change my view about it.

So what i can conclude from you is that
- You don't care about news from China, you're here to get a laugh
- You don't know what is going on behind the scenes
- You believe that the source of news is faulty yet you encourage them to be headline news.

I'm by no means patriotic, but I'm not going to stand here and read every single news directly from a source which is promoting only the negatives.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You say that proximity makes for a more reliable source, so that means since I've lived there for a period of years and have many families and etc... for information i should have the most reliable source?

So what i can conclude from you is that
- You don't care about news from China, you're here to get a laugh
- You don't know what is going on behind the scenes
- You believe that the source of news is faulty yet you encourage them to be headline news.

I'm by no means patriotic, but I'm not going to stand here and read every single news directly from a source which is promoting only the negatives.
What are you even trying to do? It seems to me like you are trying really hard to put a negative interpretation into everything i say.

And yes, if you have family living in china and they tell you what is going on there i would call that a reliable source.

And its not like i dont care about china, i care about it as much as i care about all the other countries. Little, but at least some.
And yes, i am coming to this site for entertainment, i am having alot of fun here.
And i think the source is definitely not objective but that doesnt mean any source is. It is as good or bad as many others out there.
That doesnt mean tom is not allowed to post it here.

To be honest, you seem very weird in your recent posts.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I dont know, cannot tell by heart, i guess kearf said something about malaysia recently but he did not make an own thread for it but highjacked some other thread.
I presume you mean this thread. Technically all I did was mention that relatively nothing was happening over here.
But come on, all articles on this site are either about china, USA or the middle-east (syria, lybia, etc). Only very rarely we have canada or one or the other european country being mentioned.
Because major things tend to happen more often in these regions.
I assure you, no space cows here. At least none that I've seen.
It's hard to keep a straight argument here.
First of all, i have looked through pages from Sankaku forum and all i see from that site is anime and news regarding china. Coincident? That there are simply no other news regarding anywhere else?
Sankaku Complex - Anime, manga and games, observed from Japan
They're interested in anti-Japanese sentiments in China, so this is expected. I wouldn't even think of the site as a news source if not for tom's constant finds from it.
And at no point did i ever address this article as being the main source for what i said, this isn't even about this article. I said there comes a point where if the first 4 pages of archives for headline news is about the negative side of china and science is there not a unbalance and injustice?
That's what comes from having a singular point of view. Things get semi-biased, even though they try not to, because we only see this from one angle.

One thing about news sites is that local news > regional news > international news, because events nearby are more likely to affect you than those halfway across the world. If we all contributed to the News section, there would be a much more diverse pool of events coming under the lens. But we don't, so I say just take whatever you've got. It's not fair to ask tom to source for news articles further afield than what's convenient/comfortable.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score

Are you trying to be a smart ass?

18/80 posts in the last 4 pages were about china, 17 of them negative out of 24 negative news i counted. Good try.

I wasn't even the one who started all this... In my first post to this i merely stated that there are an obsessive amount of posts, especially from that site regarding china. Then all of you guys have to start justifying and defending these posts.
Is it really that hard to understand what im trying to say?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You know there are websites dedicated to international news you might like?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
One thing is for sure! "Sankaku complex is a "crap" homepage with NSFW ads all over it.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
18/80 posts in the last 4 pages were about china, 17 of them negative out of 24 negative news i counted.
No need to be concerned, though - of those 17 negative Chinese news articles, only 3 of them could be construed as anti-China:

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/ch...g-japanese-car-into-coma.157020/#post-1341583
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/ch...f-japan-claimed-hawaii-”.156875/#post-1340671
And the one we're in.

There have been a lot of negative articles, and I can definitely respect that you'd resent the subject turning into something of a joke; I doubt that even a handful of all the comments or articles were meant to offend, though. But sorry. You've got people halfway attacking you on all fronts (although you haven't exactly been curled up in a ball), and I think it's because we enjoy them. It's always a shame to laugh at others' expense, but there's always something to laugh at so it's hard to avoid it.

Seems you've made your point, though; Tom_Mai was just posting from a site he likes, and it seems like he's trying to find articles elsewhere on other subjects to cool this issue off. But feel free to post some positive Chinese news articles if they're interesting or entertaining, I'm sure they'll get read... just with less entertaining discussions following.

Nigerianrulz

Reaction score
No need to be concerned, though - of those 17 negative Chinese news articles, only 3 of them could be construed as anti-China:

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/ch...g-japanese-car-into-coma.157020/#post-1341583
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/china-to-us-“how’d-you-like-it-if-japan-claimed-hawaii-”.156875/#post-1340671
And the one we're in.

There have been a lot of negative articles, and I can definitely respect that you'd resent the subject turning into something of a joke; I doubt that even a handful of all the comments or articles were meant to offend, though. But sorry. You've got people halfway attacking you on all fronts (although you haven't exactly been curled up in a ball), and I think it's because we enjoy them. It's always a shame to laugh at others' expense, but there's always something to laugh at so it's hard to avoid it.

Seems you've made your point, though; Tom_Mai was just posting from a site he likes, and it seems like he's trying to find articles elsewhere on other subjects to cool this issue off. But feel free to post some positive Chinese news articles if they're interesting or entertaining, I'm sure they'll get read... just with less entertaining discussions following.

Thank you finally a post that understands me.

I never said stop posting them but everyone acted like I'm trying to bring Tom down or something, i asked for a adjustment and i get attacked by pretty much everyone.

Honestly i don't know if i would want to come back here again now after this.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
While I feel like the issues in this article have been resolved. I feel its just best to let this thread close down.

Please try to keep it civil. To be honest there is no such thing as purely objective news. You are however able to post any news you wish in the news submission that you believe shines light on an issue you think is important for the entirety of the community to see.

Thanks,
Miz

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.