World China: Mobs Cripple Man, for Driving Japanese Car, into Coma

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The case of a Chinese man who faces permanent paralysis after being dragged out of his car and brutally beaten by a mob who were infuriated by the fact he was driving a Japanese-made car has scandalised many Chinese, who are apparently starting to question the patriotic nature of such acts.

The man was reportedly driving through Xi’an in a Toyota Corolla when he had the misfortune to encounter an angry mob of anti-Japanese rioters, who promptly set upon him.

He was dragged out of his car and beaten into a coma, with doctors saying he may suffer permanently paralysis as a result of his injuries. The riots have also seen their first direct fatality – a 21-year-old student in the same city was reportedly trampled to death by a surging mob.

Chinese media has refused to report on the excesses of the mobs, instead praising their nationalist ardour and calling for restraint.

However, news that the mobs have mostly been brutalising hapless Chinese and destroying “Japanese” property which actually belongs to fellow Chinese has spread online, and even caused the less patriotic to doubt the wisdom of burning and destroying their own cities over a handful of faraway rocks, although few doubt their sacred Chinese status.

This all began with a conflict between Japan and China for the Senkaku Islands. Then, the Chinese mobs start rioting and starts boycotting Japanese products. Then this occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Senkaku Islands - Sankaku Forums
See a connection there? Nah, probably its aliens...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
To be frank, even I had not expected the Anti-Japanese mobs to actually cause collateral damages. If this continues, we might end up having a East Asia War or something fighting over controversal territories.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember pakistan and india fighting over a small piece of swamp not too long ago.
It was uninhabitable and had only very few resources.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
To be frank, even I had not expected the Anti-Japanese mobs to actually cause collateral damages. If this continues, we might end up having a East Asia War or something fighting over controversal territories.
This is actually the main thing I'm afraid of. Such an event would have massive aftershocks the world over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.