World China: Officials caught spray-painting grass green in Chengdu

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
bttruBu.jpg

In China's sprawling smog-blanketed cities, life can sometimes seem a little grey. But Chengdu's officials hit upon an easy solution to cheer up their city's appearance: specifically, a chemical solution called Top Green Turf Greening Agent.

Chinese reporters filmed workers from Chengdu's municipal landscaping department as they busily painted the grassy verges of the city's roads with a fluorescent green spray.

"Two workers were spraying the grass, turning the yellow grass into green. Were they painting the grass?" said He Tao, a Chengdu resident, to the China Daily newspaper. "Wouldn't that pollute the environment?"

Not according to Mr Yang, a salesman for Top Green, the makers of the dye.

"It is absolutely not toxic. It is just a green dye. We have been selling it to the Chengdu government for at least five or six years, and we have lots of other government clients, like the city of Tianjin, and many north western provinces. And we also sell it to golf courses," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Won't this just kill the grass even faster? If the dye is absorbing all the (non-green) light instead of the plant :S.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
According to Top Green's website, the colour "lasts for ten to 14 weeks and is not washed away by the rain". It adds: "It also turns the soil green"
So they say it can't be washed away, then basically say it can be washed away (how else would it turn the soil green?).

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
So they say it can't be washed away, then basically say it can be washed away (how else would it turn the soil green?).
Because they drown the poor patches of grass in that shit, meaning it ALSO turns the soil green..(?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.