Technology China will beat US back to the moon

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- The Soviets beat the United States at getting a satellite, and a man, into space. Now, the Chinese may get to the moon before the U.S. can make a return visit.

"I personally believe that China will be back on the moon before we are," NASA Administrator Michael Griffin said in a low-key lecture in Washington two weeks ago, marking the space agency's 50th anniversary, still a year away.
"I think when that happens, Americans will not like it. But they will just have to not like it."

NASA has a 2020 deadline for returning Americans to the moon. China would like to beat that.
It has a probe poised for a launch to the moon, supposedly before year's end. The lunar orbiter is to be followed by a lander and then, by 2017, a robotic mission to return moon rocks. Whether China could land one of its "taikonauts" there before American astronauts arrive is uncertain.

The U.S. is "more technically advanced. We certainly could be back on the moon faster than the Chinese, but we don't have the political will and therefore the resources to do it," said Joan Johnson-Freese, head of the Naval War College's national security decision-making department.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I find it funny that they make it seem like the US hasn't been doing anything since that time. :rolleyes:

D

dunpealx4

they go to the moon. we go to Mars. soon we will launch our mission to Pluto this December.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
nothing mean against China but they can barely make good battleships...
Once there on the bottom of the ocean there done but US ships when they sink they can be risen up Fix the ship up just a little and used once again...

I don't know how there going to make rocket... but I could be wrong
I think the Cheif of NASA is trying to make the Government pay more money into it so they don't look bad to China :p

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Race to the finish! Hopefully they won't steal our flag, and make a new game called "Capture the Flag... On the MOON!" :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.