Crime Chinese cops leave body of boy racer in street to deter speeders

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Tao Lung, 28, was racing against another car at speeds of over 150mph through the streets of Kunming, Yunnan province, when another car pulled out of a house and caused one of the two racers to crash after it failed to brake in time.

Lung was driving a Jaguar F-Type sports car that struck the kerb and a hit a tree, tearing the roof and a wheel off the car and throwing Lung out of the car onto the road, where he was run over by the car he was racing against.

He was killed instantly and the second car and the driver have not been found.

Residents said they were fed up with people racing on the street, and warned police it was only a matter of time before there was an accident.

One said: "Because the people here who drive fast are rich the police don't want to tackle them."

Police at the scene chose not to cover up Lung's boyd, instead leaving it fully exposed to show what can happen from speeding through residential streets.

Another resident added: "I think they wanted to get the message across that driving like this has a cost, sometimes its more than someone might want to pay.

"I think that was why they left the body lying there for so long."

The body was taken away after more than an hour of lying exposed to pedestrians and motorists.

Source with pictures.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Only for an hour. Doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me. Maybe it will help out, and there's no harm done if it doesn't.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this is exactly what those street racers want. Those who aint fast enough or cant control their cars die a violent death and the other guy comes out alive and without punishment.
Now the winner gets media attention to honour his win. And as a trophy he can look down on the corpse of his unworthy opponent.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The dead idiot made a terrible mistake. But it's still "Disrespectful and Disgusting" what the police did! Some dignity they should show. At least for his family's sake!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I thought this is exactly what those street racers want. Those who aint fast enough or cant control their cars die a violent death and the other guy comes out alive and without punishment.
Now the winner gets media attention to honour his win. And as a trophy he can look down on the corpse of his unworthy opponent.

This is how all competitions should work.

Cat

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the family who had to deal with the embarrassment and sorrow of their loss.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's China, they can just go pick out another one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.