Crime Chinese Couple Sells All Three Kids to Play Online Games

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
(DONGGUAN, China) -- A young Chinese couple has sold all three of their children in exchange for money to play online games at Internet cafes, reports a southern Chinese newspaper.

According to Sanxiang City News, the couple met in an Internet cafe back in 2007 and bonded over their obsession with online video games. A year later, the parents -- who are both under 21 -- welcomed their first child, a son. Days after his birth, they left him home alone while they went to play online games at an Internet cafe 30 km away.

In 2009, Li Lin and Li Juan welcomed their second child, a baby girl, and came up with the idea to sell her for money to fund their online game obsession. They did so, receiving RMB 3,000 (less than $500), which they spent entirely shortly after. The couple then proceeded to sell their first child and got 10 times as much for him -- RMB 30,000, or about $4600.

Upon having their third child -- another boy -- the parents followed in their previous footsteps and also got RMB 30,000 for him.

Last edited:

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I don't blame them. Computer games deliver a much higher enjoyment/cost ratio.
I would probably do the same.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
One man's child is another man's treasure.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I'd like to know who the children were sold to, that's something important.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, when did they have time to make the babies? During periods of extreme gaming?

Well, It's really bad enough to sell your kids, but the bigger question is who'd buy them?
For what purpose? Isn't this horrific?

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Adoption is very costly and takes longer. Besides, they probably sold them under the table style so the other families didn't have to go through any regulatory process.

My son is worth at least $50,000 USD. Is there a website to determine how much yours is worth? (like wow account selling) XD LOLOLOL

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
My son is worth at least $50,000 USD.

I'll give you $49,949.99 USD, final offer.
Also, is it o.k. if i pay in pennies?

Real note: How did they find buyers??? went to randies and were like "wanna buy my baby?" or did they put up like posters with their phone number being like baby for sale.

also:
"Sanxiang City News reports the couple didn't know they were breaking the law."

lol?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1).
If those parents sold their kids to play video games, its probably much better if they dont keep their kids anyways.

2).
Who knows if the parents who bought those children are bad parents?

3).
Children are good and cheap laborer, how do you think china is able to produce all those low price products they export to us? Do you want to waive all those nice little plastic toys and products which costs like nothing for us? Everything is made in china, by poor little boys and poor little girls.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Brilliant. Finally some decent use for children.

You know how incredibly boring your parents are?
How they absolutely never seem to "get it", no matter what?
They weren't always that way.
They got like this by cleaning your diapers, keeping you clothed, feeding you and listening to yet another amazing tale on just how cool you are.

Now go and hug your parents for resisting their natural impulse to simply "lose" you in the backyard. Six feet under. With a large rock on top.

> Why buy a kid? Just adopt one

Is there a difference?

> How do you think china is able to produce all those low price products

By having standards of living that are slightly below "10 years old and still no iPhone???!? Pffft, loser!"

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
If those parents sold their kids to play video games, its probably much better if they dont keep their kids anyways.
Seriously. they should be permanently sterilized as a way to prevent child neglect and abuse.
Than they can "play and have theirs sex exercises with each other" how much they want.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously. they should be permanently sterilized as a way to prevent child neglect and abuse.
Than they can "play and have theirs sex exercises with each other" how much they want.

You are missing 2 critical points:

1). This is against human rights,

2). If they can not get children how should they pay their video games? Get a job? This must be a joke. . .

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt you read the news?
In chinese Prisons the prisoners are forced to farm gold / items and levels in WoW to sell it over the internet. They will play never the less. And they could most probably still make children which can then work in the underground Acid-Mines.

Besides, who does really believe human rights are worth sh*t in chinese prisons?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
why buy a kid? just adopt one

lot's of bureaucracy in there.

3).
Children are good and cheap laborer
Human trafficking is the illegal trade in human beings for the purposes of reproductive slavery, commercial sexual exploitation, forced labour, or a modern-day form of slavery.

If I was a weird psycho pedophile, I wouldn't get my kids by stealing them from the courtyard.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Guh, this makes me sick. I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost my son in any way... these people need some serious psychological help to get away from their video game addiction, because no one in their right mind could do such a thing. It really kinda turns my stomach.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.