Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Santa RPG (Post #10)

• None of the above..

• Total voters
M

morxel

hey, i was thinking maybe we should make a Christmas kind of map :) i was thinking bout it earlier today and i thought maybe have like the town is infested with something from the Grinch, and you choose from either 3 heroes, Santa (the man himself :eek: ) .... or maybe... Mrs Clause and maybe some little elf worker or something, anyway you gotta kill the grinch at the end of the map to save christmas... just an idea if you have a Christmas map idea please start posting :) .... :nuts:

R

Razthemapper

Your idea sounds good , especially because Christmas is near (hope I spelled it right :D) I don't really have any good ideas on my mind , and also , your idea is pretty good ... I'm thinking of a map where you create toys (take items from a place and combine them at a machine or something... It would need loads of triggers for all the toys but you seem to have enough patience...

Rad

Reaction score
LOL! You could make it like parasite, where one persons objective is to sabotage christmas by stealing presents, and burning christmas trees. The other players have to find out whose doing it and trap them (No, not kill thats just stupid). For christmas trees you can use the pheonix egg (item version) as a destructible, set the tinting and use CTRL+page up/down to raise and lower. Then just use the snowy tree wall. Why do they call it "tree wall" anyways? :nuts:

Anyways, at the end there could be a cinematic. If you saved christmas everyone can be in a circle dancing around a giant xmas tree, if you ruined christmas then it shows that tree burning and theres rays of moonlight and nobody is outside.

M

morxel

haha i like both of those ideas, i suppose we can keep suggesting, i must say the Toy Making idea would be very hard ... *cough for me* .. but i quite like the 2nd suggestion :).. i also had an idea of the cinematic at the end too ^^

A

Asadon

sounds a lot of fun also cuzz chrismas is near :eek: .. hehe..
im in a chrismas "mode" right now and makeing this kinda game would be great :D
anyway i would like to help with triggers and suggestions if needed...

lesson

Reaction score
hey asadon! :D long time no see

well anyway the chrismas map sounds like a lot of fun.. since i didn't make the "Mini Game Island Project" then i was wondering if this Chrismas map would be kinda like a "Mini Game Island Project" with Santa, Mrs Clause and little elf worker running around after the Grinch trying to catch him before destroying chrismas :D

A

Asadon

hey less ;)

sry to hear that ur project didn't go anywere :(
it could have been great

M

morxel

k, i got another cool idea, kinda mixed with both suggestions (1st one) maybe you are an elf and you have 10 minutes to mix items together and try and create an ultimate item in the workshop. You also try these items out on the creeps and see which works best (there will prob be like lvl 1-10 creeps) and than when 10minutes is up.. they come up with whos got the best weapon or maybe combo (eg: set) and then its an arena to see who lives the longest. We could have like 5-6 shops and each player could be seperated in a little room (so theres no copying). ^^ well thats another idea anyway.. i think that sounds the best so far.. but still keep suggesting we still have plenty of time... or do we :confused:... oh and also we could prob decorate each room with a bit of Christmas fun :p

R

Razthemapper

Christmas fun... That would mean some... Uh... Uh... Christmas models!! (lol) ... Some Christmas models could be good , maybe some destructibles (trees , things to put on walls) would be good , also because they have low filesize... If you make the map you just talked about above , make sure to put everyone in a separate room with visibilty blockers (or something like that) for no copying (what you said) and try finding a Santa model for Cinematics (that would be fun) , Santa sounds could also be FUN , you could try google "christmas sounds" or something for the sounds... It sounds good , you would need loads of ideas , and if you need some ideas or help , tell me here , ill check this often

S

soulbad

Hahahaha I like the idea You could make an rpg type map were you have to defeat the evil god known as "santa" He'd have evil elf minions and all kinds of reindeers n stuff. Also if you do a christmas map make sure there is a cinimatic with santa standing ontop of a mountain with lightning going EVERYWERE and rain flying around and mysterious music playing... Then do something random like this totally random stag (reindeer) comes flying and smacks right into him while the scene is supposed to be cool and it totally ruins it Hahahahah. That'd be funny.

R

Razthemapper

soulbad said:
Hahahaha I like the idea You could make an rpg type map were you have to defeat the evil god known as "santa" He'd have evil elf minions and all kinds of reindeers n stuff. Also if you do a christmas map make sure there is a cinimatic with santa standing ontop of a mountain with lightning going EVERYWERE and rain flying around and mysterious music playing... Then do something random like this totally random stag (reindeer) comes flying and smacks right into him while the scene is supposed to be cool and it totally ruins it Hahahahah. That'd be funny.

LOL.... What an imagination (similar to mine =D)... (no offense)

Or make it a RPG or any kind of game with comedy cutscenes , like Santa and his wife at home... (i remember something from a cartoon long ago , it was like this):

*Santa's wife comes into the room and sees Santa lying in the bed*
Santa: Hey chick , what's up?
Santa's wife: Hahaha very funny... NOW MOVE YOUR BUTT AND DELIVER THOSE PRESENTS
Santa: Oh man , do i gotta do this every year? My back is starting to hurt... And ain't im getting old for presents? I'm over 2005 years old...
Santa's wife: Get your butt moving! NOW! Don't you remember that last year you didn't get to Paris? Now MOVE AND DELIVER THOSE PRESENTS ...

and so on , that was just a short introduction in Santa's real life!

Rad

Reaction score
I just had a good idea, Ill skin the Stag to look like a reindeer :)

Christmas fun... That would mean some... Uh... Uh... Christmas models!! (lol) ... Some Christmas models could be good , maybe some destructibles (trees , things to put on walls) would be good , also because they have low filesize...

Well you could just use some heavy doodad manipulation, like making really small bush models to make a reef thing (The circle thing that you hang on a door). Then use the pheonix egg (item) that I talked about to decorate it. Presents would be hard to make but thats just a box :rolleyes:

Ill make the reindeer whether you want to use it or not though.

EDIT~Attached it and a screenshot, if you do want to use it the path is "[highlight]units\Critters\BlackStagMale\BlackStag.blp[/highlight]"

D

dUmB_bLoNdE

That sounds like a good map. Could you please tell me when its finished or I could help you work on it.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
I'd be glad to help with triggers whenever I can, but I'll probably forget to check here so PM me. :D

Rad said:
... to make a reef thing (The circle thing that you hang on a door).
That's a wreath.

Rad

Reaction score
Well I was close, my mom does all the decorating so how would I know? :p

@ Morxel post #8

I sure hope thats not all you will have, combining items doesnt make a map. You need more features than that

M

morxel

oo so many good ideas.. i think i might need a vote on this... im thinking maybe the RPG .. but fraid i cant really make that kind of map :( .. but if anyone else is good at making those kinda maps be sure to tell us :p i think ill add in a poll.. only way to decide ^^ so many great ideas, oh btw nice Reindeer model :D

Rad

Reaction score
Im good with the editor, I know Im making a GTA map (Wtf of course I know... uhh) anyways Ill help you since its a christmas map. By the way you got like 27 days to finish.

oh btw nice Reindeer model
Thanks by the way its a skin (or texture/image). If it were a model it would have more branches coming off its um... horns? hmm thats not right whatever they are called though you know!

EDIT~ Antlers? :rolleyes: stupid words

S

Slaughter

The grinch sabotage game sounds fun to me. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Rad

Reaction score
Maybe you can mix some of them, like combine my sabotage map with your toy making one and have the evil guy trying to ruin christmas and you can help save christmas by making new toys. Hell one person can be santa and deliver the toys! Of course it would have to be a set time (Because santa only goes at night), but you can just make the game time always night untill game is over then have cinematic in the morning.

You can mix the rest in however you want...

EDIT ~ I made a grinch skin for the zombie... yea I know not a very good choice but I couldnt think of anything else to make him out of. He has a santa suit on but needs a hat. Walks funny, but should look good with a matching hat.

Pied

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Christmas is coming soon now :D

Here's my idea, maybe a little late.

Make a computer controlled Santa and a evil guy.

now you have to help Santa getting the job done when delivering the presents. This can be all different kind of stuff, like killing the evil guy's summons, helping with the presents and all that kind of stuff :)

Maybe you like it. Anyhow, i would be glad to help you guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.