Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Santa RPG (Post #10)

• None of the above..

• Total voters
S

soulbad

If you do the santa rpg Idea I'll give you cookies....ok anyhow something that you may want to consider is adding a part were you try and lure santa in with some cookies'n'milk at the door step. Then when he comes you try to fight him BUT THE NINE DEER GET IN THE WAY!!!! DASHER AND DANCER AND COMET AN*gets whacked over the head* and yeah that is my idea. You'll have to fight the nine deer as like boss battles...that'd be so leet.

M

morxel

well, looks like Grinch Sabatoge is in the lead :) i think ill make the 'map' as in like the backgrounds and stuff (homes .. trees texture etc) and someone can add in some triggers if they like... ill make the map big enough but we also dont want it to be so big that people lose interest when they first see it because its so big. ill try and make you choose who you want to be (Red will be automatically Santa.. and all the rest of the players get to choose who they want to be.. maybe tavern.. easiest way :p) then maybe you run around like a villiage trying to dilliver presents or whatever the plan was to be . you can always look back on the other posts to get another idea.. but ill make the texture and stuff for now and post the map here so someone can edit the triggers and stuff...

oh also i made a quick map for the Toy Factory thingy... basically just the idea so far.. its a very simple map for some fun.. if anyone wants to use the map for anything just d/l it and edit in World Editor, i havent added in anything besides the map idea.. i was suggesting maybe a 2vs2vs2vs2 game with the item making .. but instead of 10mins till the arena is ready.. maybe we could make it so as soon as everyone has their weapon ready they get taken into the 'ready zone' and wait till everyone is ready then the arena begins... anyway just for a fun idea.. i'll make the Grinch Sabotage map now... (*just the map .. not the triggers or anything.. fraid i cant really do that for that type of map*) anyway heres the little Toy Factory map.. Please edit it and post it in here :) i'll be glad to also add extra suggestions: (oh and also you can add in some of Rad's Excellent work in the map ^^ i added in some decorations.. *cough... got a signel collum pole and just changed colour to red and green* :p

R

Razthemapper

I can work on the toy factory.... It would involve TONS of triggers but , i always get bored when i do something else than triggers in WE... So.. I'll try make it , but it's gonna take some time , there isn't so much time so i'll start working!

S

Slaughter

I think 'help santa distribute toys' could be a good kind of game. There are monsters around and you can outrun them, Dawn-of-the-Dead-(the original)-style, to bring toys to the children of (Azeroth?).

The monsters get more numerous as the games goes on, and players somehow get stronger, better able to avoid them.

Maybe you can eat cookies left out for Santa whenever you deliver toys: eat cookis -> gain xp.

Possibly there are girl toys and boy toys (we can use the voodoo doll icon for something, finally) and if you have only boy toys in a house with only girls, you can't deliver any presents. Problem: no little girl model. There are only the relatively 'mature' female villager and female high-elf models.

Could have triggers to give players decreased movement speed when they are carrying more toys. Risk moving more slowly, being easier prey for the baddies, and you get to drop off more presents.

Maybe we could have some kind of Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

Thoughts?

N

Neopolis3

I always use the brown-hared child for a little girl.

What? You can barely see the difference at that age anyway! :p

(By the way, I use the Voodoo Doll icon in my map! *gasps of amazement* For an item called Voodoo Doll. Which is basically an Ankh. :rolleyes: )

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Has anyone started triggers for this?

I would like to help with something if needed :D

S

Slaughter

I can't head up a map right now, but I wouldn't mind helping with Grinch sabotage or present distribution. Anyone want to lead one of these projects?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Slaughter said:
I can't head up a map right now, but I wouldn't mind helping with Grinch sabotage or present distribution. Anyone want to lead one of these projects?

MEMEME :D

Cloak_Master

Reaction score
Lol, even though I think there are too many parasite clones, I'll definately have to go with the Grinch Sabotage, because I'm a sucker for thoes types of map. I'd love to help, if you need me I'll be willing to make ideas and triggers (Or even a bit of terrain).

What would be an even better idea is making a sort of murder at the mansion out of it, so that instead of having the option of killing him the whole time, in the end you could find out who the "sabotager" is and shank him. You could basically have it set up where each player has a "house" and they could set little traps for the Grinch like cookies&milk landmines (Jk) and such. There would be "sections" of your house to defend, such as the tree, the locks, etc. He would have multiple ways of getting in, and the people could travel from house to house looking for supplies or something.

M

morxel

ok.. im really clueless now.. lol ive tried staring at the screen for bout 30-1hr trying to think of how to set the map out... but still havent come up with anything! ... :banghead: .. anyone else wanna try making it? and maybe once i see theres i can kinda copy and add/remove stuff :shades: ta (btw thanks for starting work on the toy factory)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
morxel said:
ok.. im really clueless now.. lol ive tried staring at the screen for bout 30-1hr trying to think of how to set the map out... but still havent come up with anything! ... :banghead: .. anyone else wanna try making it? and maybe once i see theres i can kinda copy and add/remove stuff :shades: ta (btw thanks for starting work on the toy factory)

Ill do it :D or help...

M

morxel

^.^ well thankyou, looking at our progress.. i have a feeling we'll get maybe 1-3 christmas maps done :p well done guys

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
morxel said:
^.^ well thankyou, looking at our progress.. i have a feeling we'll get maybe 1-3 christmas maps done :p well done guys

Im working on one at the moment, by myself*;)

So ill post that when im done :D

*its not one of the ideas, its a adventure/surivial game :D

R

Razthemapper

For 2 days , i've made plans , got ideas , and thought how to set up some things... I've only got 20+ days so it's a lot of work , right now , i would be glad if someone would give me some ingeredient+toy ideas... Ill start searching for extra icons for some ingredients... I'll keep posting progress!

Rad

Reaction score
You can make it like a marine survival, santa and his reindeer got shot down by a nazi helicopter and are lost in a jungle and you must save him! LOL

You can take the idea of some of those old stupid movies with puppets and stuff, like the one where santa is a kid and theres a rich guy who doesnt want kids to have toys... I forgot the name and havent seen it for a few years (5 or more actually).

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Ok heres my half ass shot at terrain:

Its not done yet, but thats what i have so far, because if i try to do all the terrain at one time, i get uber bored and give up 90% of the time :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.