Chrystallise Self (Ability Help)

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a problem with a spell of mine.

What I want to do is simply make the casting unit completely immovable (as in 'paused' for example), and that it can be returned to normal (read 'unpause') by another unit later if the owning player so wishes.
The chrystallised unit shouldn't be selectable either, just stand around as a doodad until it's returned to normal. This is becaue I want to be able to cast certain triggered spells only on units that are chrystallised.

I've had a few successful attempts at achieving the freeze (which didn't really look good though), but I couldn't get it to unfreeze anyway.
Thus I remade the trigger a few times more and now I really can't get it to work at all. At least not to satisfacton.

This is what my feeble attempts have got me atm: :banghead:
Code:
Chrystallise Self Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Chrystallise Self (CC - muppetTEST)
    Actions
        -------- --- --------
        Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s spell animation
        Unit - Create 1 DummyCaster3000 for Neutral Hostile at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing (Random angle) degrees
        Unit - Add a 2.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add FrostNovaDummyCast (ChrystalliseSelf Effect) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova (Casting unit)
        Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
        -------- --- --------

I've also tried using a unit-change ability (night elves bear form) to change into a unit with diffrent coloring and no movespeed and such, but then I can't use casting unit for some reason. I guess it has to do with the fact that th unit is replaced by the spell.

Anyone got any bright ideas? I don't, sadly :eek:
I'll give +rep for all serious attempts to help of course :thup:

TooSlowFcker

Reaction score
im a noob but maybe it wont pause because your using the dummy not the casting unit so the last action wont work you have dummy so it might switch

Trithilon-V2

Reaction score
Here...this might help.
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        Ability being cast = Crystalyse
    Actions
        Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   call UnitAddAbility(GetTriggerUnit(),'Aloc')
        Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   call UnitRemoveAbility(GetTriggerUnit(),'Aloc')
        Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Unhide (Triggering unit)
        Animation - Set (Triggering unit) animation speed to 0%
        Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invunerable

However this process will make the unit targetable to AI and auto attack or spells.
Also you wont be able to cast spells on that unit directly, however you can order units to target that unit via triggers.
The Unit will be selected only by drag selection. Normal click selection and HP viewing is not possible.

Also make a trigger the deselects any selected unit.

Advena

Just casually observing atm ;)
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Trithilon!
I didn't do it exactly the way you suggested, but you set my mind on the right track :thup:

Thanks again, +rep ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.