US News CIA acknowledges its mysterious Area 51 test site for first time

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
National security scholars at George Washington University have some good news and bad news for UFO buffs - the U.S. government has finally confirmed the existence of Area 51 in Nevada, but it makes no mention of little green men or alien spaceships.

The government acknowledged the existence of the mysterious aviation test site known as Area 51, a remote installation about 80 miles (130 km) northwest of Las Vegas, in a newly declassified CIA history of its U-2 spy plane program.

After decades of extreme secrecy surrounding the site, stoking conspiracy theories about UFOs and experiments on alien spacecraft, the CIA lifted its veil on Area 51 in response to a public records request from George Washington University scholars in Washington, D.C.

Read more.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
But not UFOs or aliens? No wonder... Aliens won't let them. Right?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yes, that's where the aliens come from.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
You have meet an alien Varine? Hmm. Maybe you are an alien yourself? Oh dear

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Still, the threat of being shot on sight when you enter the grounds is enough to make you wonder what they don't want us to know that's in there.

KMilz

Reaction score
Would you like people to walk in on your home?

Yeah, I guess they don't really just shoot people, they just scare 'em off with guns. That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary for a secretive military base, I suppose.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess they don't really just shoot people, they just scare 'em off with guns. That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary for a secretive military base, I suppose.

They do that on non-secret bases too.

KMilz

Reaction score
They do that on non-secret bases too.

Yeah, for some reason I was under the impression that they'd actually shot and killed unauthorized civilians on more than one occasion just for trespassing. That was pretty dumb, I guess. And yeah, 'secretive' was unnecessary.

Varine

Reaction score
Yeah, for some reason I was under the impression that they'd actually shot and killed unauthorized civilians on more than one occasion just for trespassing. That was pretty dumb, I guess. And yeah, 'secretive' was unnecessary.

They have on occasion, I'm sure. I've driven out to Area 51 before, there are these posts and some warning signs, and a truck pulled up with some guy in a suit watching me with binoculars. The signs don't say they'll shoot you though, I'd imagine if you cross it they would just come arrest you on regular trespassing charges.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.