Crime CIA website down temporarily; LulzSec takes credit for the hack

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Lulz Security, the hacker group that recently attacked the U.S. Senate, Sony and PBS, said on Twitter that its taken down the website for the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

"Tango down - cia.gov - for the lulz," the group's tweet read.

Shortly after LulzSec sent the message on Twitter, the CIA's website was unable to load in multiple attempts on multiple browsers.

The group also said in an earlier tweet Wednesday that it has set up a telephone hotline for public requests on who or what they should attack in the future.

A call to the number listed in the tweet was answered by an answering machine that said the phone could not be answered by an actual person because the group was busy "raping your Internet."

Officials at the CIA were unavailable for comment on Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LulzSec Hackers Go to War with 4chan

The celebrity hacking group Lulz Security borrows its name and aesthetics from the roiling message board 4chan. But now the group has declared war on 4chan and its users—many of whom identify with the hacking group Anonymous—pissing off the nerds who are most likely to support their online shenanigans.

It's chaos in the internet's crotch: 4chan was down for much of the afternoon. Lulz Security, the hacking group behind well-publicized PBS and FBI-affiliate hacks, is openly taunting 4channers and members of Anonymous, even crowd-sourcing prank calls against 4chan's web hosting company via their hotline: 614-LULZSEC. In response, 4chan users launched an internet manhunt to track down members of Lulzsec.

The conflict started, as most nerd fights do, over video games. Yesterday, Lulzsec engaged in a spree of hack attacks against gaming and gamers: They downed The Escapist magazine because some commenters said mean stuff about them, then took the games Eve Online, Minecraft and League of Legends—all 4chan favorites—offline.

Read more at the source.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
People watch too much Live Free or Die Hard, and think they will get hired by the CIA for this shit. They probably will.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Lulzsec was also attacked by Jester, the guy that uses numbers in his name. So that was funny.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is it bad that I find this funny?

What do you find funny? I doubt CIA's website is made to handle heavy traffic so it's not a surprise for them to get DDOS'd easily. It'd be more impressive if they DDOS Google or Amazon, or gain confidential CIA document.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Those sites were downed due to requests, not for the reason of them being the favorites of 4chan.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I'm no internet wizard or anything, but I find it a little funny that the Central Intelligent of one of the strongest countries has a website that can be hacked; however, I doubt the site had anything incredibly important on it.

Renendaru

Reaction score
It wasn't hacked. All they did was DDoS it.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't really impressive. Everyone can DDoS a 'small' website. It's basically like DDoSing the Hive, I would guess.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
These people really need to get a life. I think they have better things to do than to go around "raping" websites like cia.gov.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, That's so dumb!

CIA takes down lulzsec "For the lulz"? :thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, yeah, i was like: "Maybe DDoS attack the CIA homepage?" that one day, but then i thought, naaah its too mainstream for me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.