Cinematic Trigger Not Working Right

WrathMonkey

Reaction score
When my game starts up, there's supposed to be a cinematic. The first line, from the Dragonspawn, doesn't show up... can anyone see any problems with these triggers?

Code:
Cinematic 1
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 2.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
Code:
Dragon1
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Pause Captain 0018 <gen>
        Unit - Pause Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen>
        Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Random unit from (Units of type Blue Dragonspawn Overseer)) named Dragonspawn: Play No sound and display Humans! Remove all ....  Modify duration: Add 4.00 seconds and Wait
Code:
Eldren1
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 7.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Apply Camera 003 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Captain 0018 <gen> named Eldren: Play No sound and display We have just as muc....  Modify duration: Add 7.00 seconds and Wait
Code:
Dragon2
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Random unit from (Units of type Blue Dragonspawn Overseer)) named Dragonspawn: Play No sound and display Humans! Remove all ....  Modify duration: Add 7.00 seconds and Wait
Code:
Dragon3
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 14.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Random unit from (Units of type Blue Dragonspawn Overseer)) named Dragonspawn: Play No sound and display Have it your way....  Modify duration: Add 7.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Unpause Captain 0018 <gen>
        Unit - Unpause Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen>
Code:
Eldren Dies
    Events
        Unit - Captain 0018 <gen> Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Pause Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen>
        Camera - Apply Camera 002 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen> named Dragonspawn: Play No sound and display And you! I'll leave....  Modify duration: Add 7.00 seconds and Wait
        Unit - Unpause Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen>
        Unit - Order Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen> to Move To (Center of Region 003 <gen>)
        Wait 3.00 game-time seconds
        Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
        Camera - Apply Camera 004 <gen> for Player 1 (Red) over 0.00 seconds
        Visibility - Destroy (Last created visibility modifier)
        Visibility - Disable fog of war
        Visibility - Disable black mask
Code:
Dragon4
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 003 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 <gen>
    Actions
        Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

The Region 003 is a spot a little bit away from the cinematic cameras that is just designated for the Dragonspawn to go to and be removed from the game, so it looks like he walked away.

The Unpause/Pausing is so that the Dragonspawn, who is an enemy to Eldren, will kill him in one blow (since Eldren has been modified to be that weak) when unpaused, and stop when paused.

There is a Visibility trigger because the visibility in the Map Initialization seems to be cancelled after the cinematic.

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
can you explain a little better, what is wrong? because i dont really know whats wrong because you only say it doesnt work T_T, i need you to tell me the details if im going to understand... i have some cinametic experience so ;)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If you already selected Blue Dragonspawn Overseer 0017 once, what's the point of (Random unit from (Units of type Blue Dragonspawn Overseer))? Just use 0017 again. It won't affect the unit - it just enables it to work and shows the face.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why do you have so many triggers with the same event? Try putting it into one trigger.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Why do you have so many triggers with the same event? Try putting it into one trigger.

lol, that would work better... but different triggers make it more organized; but sometimes, it could mess it up. So yeah, try putting it into a single trigger and see how it goes.

And also:
Code:
Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
is kinda' useless. There won't be any text messages since: the game just started. :D

WrathMonkey

Reaction score
lol, that would work better... but different triggers make it more organized; but sometimes, it could mess it up. So yeah, try putting it into a single trigger and see how it goes.

And also:
Code:
Clear the screen of text messages for (All players)
is kinda' useless. There won't be any text messages since: the game just started. :D

Haha, yea, it is useless, but I originally thought it would move in to cinematic mode from Game View, and that some idiot might be able to get in an annoying message before it finished, but then I realized I could make it instant. :p I should really remove it..

And it's easier to have multiple triggers for me because it's easier to change a part if just a single part was messed up. I tried mashing it into one trigger, but it was a bit complicated at the time. Things were happening out of order, but I'll put it all together now and see how it turns out.

EDIT: Yea, that worked. I realized the problem when I put them together: I had two triggers that told the Dragonspawn to say the same thing at the same time, and I suppose WE viewed it as unable to be done. Guess it wasn't more organized like that. o_O Thanks a ton, I can get to balancing my TD now and put it up. :D +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.