I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Circle of Fire
screenshots of what it will look like

[URL=http://imageshack.us]
Gui or JASS? Gui
Difficulty: Moderate
Leaks: yes*
*I know everyone here is capable of fixing leaks. If not just request of me to fix all the leaks but there will be more variables and ugh..... im tired lol:confused::nuts:

Oh no!! VARIABLES LIKE O M G!!!
Variables:
Angle (Real Array of size 12)
Caster (Point Array of size 12)
Chance_Fire_Circle (Integer)
CoFCaster(Unit)
Distance (Real)
Dummy(Unit)
FireGroup(UnitGroupArray size 12)
Integer (Integer array of size 12)
Point (Point)
SpecialEffects (Special Effects Array size whatever)

Whew thats alot lol :D
Ok now for the units and abilities!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:
:nuts:

screw it too much lol just open the map and copy and paste the units and the abilities. All the custom ones. DO THIS BEFORE THE TRIGGER!!!!

lol ok now for Triggers oooohhhh :eek:
:nuts:
This is when the hero casts the ability.
Code:
Cast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Circle of Fire 
    Actions
        Set CoFCaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to Dummy
        Set Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 0.00
        Set Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 600
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrikeTarget.mdl
        Set SpecialEffects[1] = (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Weapons\DemolisherFireMissile\DemolisherFireMissile.mdl
        Set SpecialEffects[2] = (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl
        Set SpecialEffects[3] = (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Orc\LiquidFire\Liquidfire.mdl
        Set SpecialEffects[4] = (Last created special effect)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlameStrike\FlameStrike1.mdl
        Set SpecialEffects[5] = (Last created special effect)
        Environment - Create a 20.00 second random deformation at (Position of CoFCaster) with radius 350.00, using depths between -32.00 and 32.00, updating every 0.10 seconds
        Wait 20.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[1]
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[2]
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[3]
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[4]
        Special Effect - Destroy SpecialEffects[5]
        Set Dummy = (Sold unit)
        Unit - Kill Dummy

XD :D ok thats the easy part :D

Code:
Fire
    Events
        Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set FireGroup[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Units of type Dummy)
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in FireGroup[(Player number of (Picked player))] and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                (Custom value of (Picked unit)) Less than 50
                            Then - Actions
                                Set Point = (Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] offset by 350.00 towards Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] degrees)
                                Unit - Create 1 Fire dummy for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at Point facing Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))]
                                Unit - Add a 20.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                                Set Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] = (Angle[(Player number of (Owner of (Picked unit)))] + 7.20)
                                Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of (Picked unit)) + 1)
                            Else - Actions

Code:
Damage
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 350.00 of (Position of Dummy)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is alive) Equal to True
                        ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of CoFCaster)) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Set Distance = (Facing of (Attacked unit))
                        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Set Distance = (Distance + 30.00)
                                Unit - Create 1 Fire dummy for (Owner of Dummy) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Distance degrees
                                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 256.00 towards Distance degrees)
                                Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                        Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - (20.00 x (Real((Level of Circle of Fire  for CoFCaster)))))
                    Else - Actions

Code:
End
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Dummy
    Actions
        Set Chance_Fire_Circle = (Random integer number between 1 and 1)
            If - Conditions
                Chance_Fire_Circle Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Set Distance = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set Distance = (Distance + 30.00)
                        Unit - Create 1 Fire Circle Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Distance degrees
                        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 256.00 towards Distance degrees)
                        Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions

AND THERE YOU GO!! probally everyone anyway skips this and goes striaght to the map lol!

If you have any questions/bugs/C cup/ please PM me!

And duh duh duh-duh duhhhh!!!
the map!!!

Attachments

• XxShadyxX Circle of Fire Spell!.w3x
    14.7 KB · Views: 245

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
( have not tested map yet )

but...

brilliant couldnt have done better ( not joking )
itl probably be good when i get to look at it 5 stars from me lol

[ i am on drugs of saink ]
:thup:

sounds cool
hope it is

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Will try it out now.

EDIT: The spell is pretty cool but you should make that terrain deformation more smooth or replace it with something else and the channel time is too long.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
lol the third one was a accident(blame my little bro)
Well only if someone shows me how to post a screen shot
Lol i have no idea how...
+rep for ppl that help

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
In the first trigger
Code:
        Set Dummy = (Sold unit)
Where do you get a (Sold unit) from the
Code:
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
event?

Also, you should always use this event
Code:
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Not Begins casting.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Okay! now has screenshots!
for 1.) I put that for the next triggers It changes the dummy unit because then units will still get hurt if it isnt changed
what I mean is the spell is over but if a unit goes over to the area you casted it at they will still get hurt..
2.) it doesn't matter....

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
bump
Hey I made this for rep so if you like it enough that it deserves rep please do!
Im not requiring you to do this just a thought.... I want the custom title lol XD

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Bump.... People check this Shiz out!! Its really fun spell....
COMMENT OMG!!

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
I tried it out. Its a little overpowered. And for the ground effect you need to make it a bit smoother to make it more visually pleasing.

Other than that good job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.