Clan MM thread

zll7

Reaction score
I have recently started playin more games on Wc3 TFT and have noticed the massive amounts of clans. This leads me to my point I was thinking about makeing a The helper clan (if there already isent one). Anyone who would be interested in helping me make this clan could please post here with name what server your on aswell as what time you would be most likely to be on or be able to be on at. Thank you

If there are enough people willing to join I will Pm all interested with the time and date of clan creation.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I'm not a melee player, but if it's, as 56k suggested, a mapmaking clan/custom map clan, then sure. I'm AlexanderStinda on ALL four gates.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I had discussed this once with the last group of mapper regulars (i.e. before any of you lot were here). We came to the conclusion that it was a bit difficult to set it up because of the requirements set down by Blizzard. Off the top of my head, I think you need to gather about 12 people into the one channel, and then they all have to join up within 30 seconds of each other. Tough requirements I'm sure you'll agree, given how many of us are in different timezones and all.

If you are going to go ahead and make a clan with The Helper's name in it, I think it's only appropriate that one of admins/mods from these forums at least has a senior position in it, ideally they would be chief member. Who that person is doesn't really matter, what's important is that there is some official representation from TheHelper.net in your clan, to act as a sort of "blessing" if you will.

Given a lot of you guys live in the US, probably either The Helper or Ryoko are good candidates for the role.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
I had discussed this once with the last group of mapper regulars (i.e. before any of you lot were here). We came to the conclusion that it was a bit difficult to set it up because of the requirements set down by Blizzard. Off the top of my head, I think you need to gather about 12 people into the one channel, and then they all have to join up within 30 seconds of each other. Tough requirements I'm sure you'll agree, given how many of us are in different timezones and all.

You must have 10 people in the channel, including yourself.

So 9 other people than urself.

They must all join in 25 or 30 seconds, can't remember.
10 members must log in once a month or the clan will be disbanded.
The chieftan must log on once a month or the clan will be disbanded.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
An alternative is that you guys are welcome to start your own clan without any association to these forums. The bonus there is that you get the freedom to do what you like without interference from the admins/mods here.

1cRaZyFooL

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I have the same name here and on wc3tft, I'll join.

P

PwnThePanda

I think it would be good, who cares about the 30 sec requirement. We all press it as we get it, Duh. 12 people from the helper.net alone is easy, We can recruit people too that are good at mapmaking. Also since we have great maps going like A World Ablaze and other stuff our clan can become like famous in wc. :) We could also if the clan kicks off have a bot like tda that says the games like AWA that are curently up and stuff. Ofcourse the clan might go no where but I think it would be good.

Sign me up

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
I'd also be willing to join.

:D

I joined several cheap, lack-of-proffesional-experience mapmaking clans before I found TH :p One was called SMMC Clan, or survival map making clan clan ... -_- We have a lot of good people here, so I would be willing to join. Perhaps we should make it a requirement that each new member outside of TH brings a new map to us --- on the other hand, that might deter some people from joining. Perhaps we could at first accept all comers, and help them with mapmaking and whatnot, and then after a month or we get famous (whichever comes first :p) we would require all people to bring a finished or nearly finished map to us; we would then help them edit, finialize, test it, and release it.

We could even have, persay, Ryoko or The Helper as our chieftan, and then each of the 5 henchman ... er ... shamans ... could be people with different specilizations in WE, or even in completely different topics, like Warcraft Melee and Custom Games and whatnot :p.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
PwnthePanda said:
I think it would be good, who cares about the 30 sec requirement. We all press it as we get it, Duh. 12 people from the helper.net alone is easy, We can recruit people too that are good at mapmaking. Also since we have great maps going like A World Ablaze and other stuff our clan can become like famous in wc. We could also if the clan kicks off have a bot like tda that says the games like AWA that are curently up and stuff. Ofcourse the clan might go no where but I think it would be good.

Don't think so much ahead.

AWA might not become popular, or it might be the next DotA.

Who knows? Who cares?

I can see why people love DotA so much, but that doesn't mean I'm going to model AWA after DotA's hit features.

I didn't make AWA for others enjoyment, I have made this to MY standards - Though I still do keep in mind what a good AoS has to make it better than it would've been.

If it does become a hit, great! But we don't know if that'll happen, since jsut having complex systems, AI that has insane 1337 and cpmlexicated systems doesn't guarantee it a hit.

I promote AWA for three reasons:

1.) It's my baby, I have worked my ass on it, and I love what it has become.

I don't say this for the "oh my god he's so great!" reaction, I say this becuase it's the first real thing I have truly accomplished. I could care less if someone has a TD that they spent 2 years on, or has the best balancing in the world. It doesn't mean that there map is automatically at a higher par than mine. I want people to appreciate what I have over the months, and see what I can accomplish.

2.) To get the word out. Perhaps people won't like it, but at least I (Emphasys on I) know that it wasn't due to proper promotion. If the map sells itself, it doesn't mean that I should totally keep quiet and never speak of it.

3.) This seems to be good help for the future, learning how to promote things correctly and what-not. I might've not did the best promoting AWA, but hey, I now know what I could've worked on. Teasing only goes so far until the people say "F' it" and don't put interest into it.

That's my look on the situation. :p

L

lordloki

One of the main reasons anything is successful in this world has absolutely nothing to do with whatever it is the user/patron/buyer is recieving. It has to do with what comes after. Like the golf swing, the follow through is the most important part.

While I would agree it is probably somewhat pre-mature to have a clan, site, and everything else you can think of under the sun ready to go before you release it. Its a good idea to have what you do or would want, planned out. That way if it does happen. And there is a need for it.. BAM.. its there.

zll7

Reaction score
Well we could do it on... Wednesday...sound good? If so plz post a time at which you could be on B.net (On WEDNESDAY!)... East gate... sound alright? Aswell as if you are a mod. plz pm me and tell me what position you would like or think is right for you to have. Thank you.

-Also if anyone has any good ideas of initials for the clan it would be appretiated. :D-

****I plan to be in the channel The Helper at 5:30 wednesday as of now to make this. Will post if there arent enough people avalible.****

zll7

Reaction score
Alright sounds good ill remind you :D Sadly i have a feeling we may beed you bots...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ryoko has a good point. I think the Helper staff does enough as it is :p

Why not just make a mapmaking clan that's associated with The Helper? Or not even that, since if one person does something stupid, the whole community would look bad...

P

PwnThePanda

Well the admins don't have to be involved at all, if they want they can, and if you want we can just have a mapmaking clan that dosn't mention helper at all. But what can a person do so bad to give the helper bad reputation...

zll7

Reaction score
Well I was think THMM(The Helper Map Makers) or THMD (The Helper Map Designers). If either of those sound good... If they are to closely related to the helper plz tell me... Before we make it on wednesday.

-I also need to hear from admins as to what rank they would like... If i dont your just getting sharmen...Just :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.