Clash of the Air Fleet

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Rai_no_wyrm's second game :
Clash of the Air Fleet

Features :
A 5 on 5 AoS as usual, but using the new implemented system : --> 5vs5 doesn't mean that you only can play it best at 5vs5! any even teams will do. Use auto-mode for best balanced income.

-The equipping system :
You can equip/unequip an item, and you only can equip a type of item. Types of equippable items : primary weapon/secondary weapon/core/engine

Other items doesn't need to be equipped. You'll gain their effect.

-Weight System
More items you bring, more heavy it is, you move more slowly! Get your plane's cargo clean and clear! Ultimate items are heavy, so you must simulate the best equipment for the war!

-Engine-based Movement System
Nah, unless you equip an engine you'll never move out. Engine's the best priority!

-Primary Weapon-based Attack system
Now, unless you equip your primary weapon you can never attack any target. You have damage according to your primary weapon and secondary weapons. So does the attack cooldown and effects.

-Secondary weapon supporting Primary Weapons :
Secondary weapons supports primary weapons. Even so, to keep the game good and bows to the battleship who give me the idea of this game, auto turret type of secondary weapons provides you phoenix fire to attack.

-Weapons Upgrade
Thanks to waaks, I got the idea. Now, you can forge some type of your items on the techies to evolve them into a better one.

-Equipable items's crucial use
As mentioned before, having all primary weapon/secondary weapon/core/engine in your inventory slots with equipped condition will give you great power on your plane. However, machine slots are limited according to your plane.

-Lumber using
This is easy to make w/o triggers but just to implement a new atmosphere. In most of AoS games, lumbers are trashes. I use it now.

-Special Mechanics
healing items are permanent and uses cooldown. What's unique, you need resources each time you use them.

-Creep research
As the battleship's system
-Plane change
Battleship's system

-Some (really few) triggered skills
-Income from army. No waste of gold!
-Super-hidden shop. Laugh when you realize it!
-Repair Point in place of fountain
-Different planes has a same base ability upgrade (armor, movespeed and regen upgrade), but different amount each ability level.
-Different planes has different quantity of inventory slots
-Auto-adjust mode if mode doesn't picked out before 40 seconds

And maybe more if I forget them... Read the stuffs before play.

I hope you enjoy this game!
One last thing to mention : Never sell your engine IF you can't buy another engine nearby. It'll cause you stop at a location. type "-ee" or "-emergency engine" in order to buy the most basic engine for 2x price anytime. But it may be cause you to :
1) drop heavy items due to low engine power of the 1st engine
2) moves really slowly to your base/engine shops

Beta Version :
-Over 10 primary weapons
-7 selectable engines
-7 selectable cores
-over 15 secondary weapons
-Other items
-over 8 planes

Screenshots :
None atm

Issues :
-Bugs
-Imbalance in any way
-Typos
-Anything else :p

Ideas From :
-Battleship. I was playing it and suddenly tought : this game lives from phoenix fire. Why can't I made one from orb of lightning?
-RotG. For the lines and upgrades. Thanks Waaks!
-of course, the king of Warcraft's AoS : DotA!
-My friends those supports me.
-Creeps Unite for the lumber usage (even tough a bit different)

Any ideas, critics, or suggestions just post here or PM me.

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
I thought AoS was the king of AoS ? :rolleyes:
I'm downloading it now, seems interesting:)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
No :p AoS is the mother of all AoS, but DotA is waaaay more popular than the original AoS.
Don't believe me?
Ask your friends and relatives; What was DotA originated from? :rolleyes:

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
I know DotA Allstars came from DotA 2 and DotA 2 came from Defense of the Ancients. :)
(Played dota 2 but not the original one :( )

EDIT:
is it just me or does the map not work?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
huh? not working? You mean? it lags for read the player slots for a while but if works fine...

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
All DotAs are the same.
DotA == Defence of the Ancients

I don't even know what DotA 2 you are talking about.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
the game is fun and uniqe, ill give you that...

some suggestions

The item that allows you to pick up metal: Make it loose weight when the charges go down

Seige barrages are far too powerfull at the start of the game, make them spawn after a set time so players have the ability to atleast flee from them.

Engines shuld give more agi so you can move faster (300 speed is nothing in air combat)

Gold to metal conversion - Allows your upgrader to convert some of your gold into metal, the process is time consumeing (in exchange for upgrade time, a player can decrese his time looking for metal)

Flyer's Hp : For such a high change in gold and metal between flyer's one would think they would get more hp

Primeary Weapons : a good idea, i like it

tinker used to upgrade lesser items - i never found him........

At the start, i think you shuld spawn the players away from the shops so they dont buy another engine thinking that itll give them movement speed, this would force a quick tutorial on how to play the game at the start, people who alredy know how to play would turn their engines on automatically

A suggestion - A energy system, have an extra class of items for a reactor, the reactor will provide your craft with energy, which is used for moveing (if mana hits 0, then the engine will automatically turn off untill your mana goes back up), mana shuld be used for skills too. The engines will drain mana when they are equiped (on) and when turned off (unequiped) they will stop draining energy, when they are on.

Overload system - At the cost of some hp/s you can overload your engine for a big speed boost, when sprinting, hp regen from items and passive skills are reduced to 0

Faster income - instead of the income comming every 180 seconds, i suggest lowering it to maybe every 9 secs, so players receive a steady stream of gold (incase they miscounculate the costs of items when they sell, they dont have to wait 180 secs just for a few peices of metal or gold)

Tower Nerf - The towers closer to the middle of the map shuld be nerfed in hp and damage, this will allow the game to progress faster and smoother

Leavers - When a leaver leaves, remove their craft and gold, also stop gold from divergeing to that player, this will help the team with leavers, (dont sell their stuff or give their gold away, just remove the player and everything so ppl dont get overpowered right away)

Bullet Arcs - Why are they there? It just looks strange

Starting armor - Set it to 0 instead of -2

Selling engine at a shop where no engines are sold, or if they cannot afford an engine at the shop they sold it at. Instead of following instructions, i think you shuld just take away the gold and give the player back his/her engine, then display a msg to him/her saying that they need more gold / metal for that engine.

Sea Ghost - Already equiped with a primeary weapon (cannot equip other primeary weapons) Has increased movement speed (has base agi)) Abilitys are : Raid - Warp to the target and attack it, when you attack the target you will loot 1/2/3/4/5 % of their ship's worth, afterwards you will warp back to where you casted the skill. This skill has low cooldown. Haunt (ulti) - Haunts the ship decreaseing it's hp regen to 0 and slowing its movement speed, also all attacks made on the target will deal additonal damage (not affected by armor).

i think thats all for now, good map, it has a huge learning curve... that might be a problem to most players. The map needs a Ton of polishing... i think most of the problems ive encountered are listed above. Ill wait for another version before i test again.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Okay, some feedback... thanks!

>The item that allows you to pick up metal: Make it loose weight when the charges go down
-Okay, in the list!

>Seige barrages are far too powerfull at the start of the game, make them spawn after a set time so players have the ability to atleast flee from them.
-The purpose of them is to destroy towers. Maybe they'll spawn after the 1st income?

Engines shuld give more agi so you can move faster (300 speed is nothing in air combat)
-The map isn't too big for that. I also want to add some light equipments but I've add the engine power by 20-40 in the next version.

Gold to metal conversion - Allows your upgrader to convert some of your gold into metal, the process is time consumeing (in exchange for upgrade time, a player can decrese his time looking for metal)
-Everyone told me about this after play this map. I've increased metal bounty in exchange. Lurking for deepsea metal already gives a lot don't they?

Flyer's Hp : For such a high change in gold and metal between flyer's one would think they would get more hp
-What flyer? You mean the planes? See their abilities and range change out. Inventory is another thing. I want to mention that core is really needed or else most of the planes are fragile.

Primeary Weapons : a good idea, i like it
-Thanks.

tinker used to upgrade lesser items - i never found him........
-Ahh, forget to mention. If you can't find him, I bet you ahven't find the ultimate shop have you?
Tinker is on one of the 4 long island, the most lower-right. The wrecked trader ship is on the most upper left island. hehe, it's completely like another doodad. Now after see the composite sonic engine, still complain about speed? Maybe I'll still increase them...

At the start, i think you shuld spawn the players away from the shops so they dont buy another engine thinking that itll give them movement speed, this would force a quick tutorial on how to play the game at the start, people who alredy know how to play would turn their engines on automatically
-Don't you see the inventory out? some modals are there in your slots... and... I should make the sell/buy item range to 650 in order to allow them to buy items more easily, usually when engines are accidentally sold.

A suggestion - A energy system, have an extra class of items for a reactor, the reactor will provide your craft with energy, which is used for moveing (if mana hits 0, then the engine will automatically turn off untill your mana goes back up), mana shuld be used for skills too. The engines will drain mana when they are equiped (on) and when turned off (unequiped) they will stop draining energy, when they are on.
-No, no mana system is going to be implemented here. Play with cooldown. Yeah, but the move-based mana is cool too. Maybe I'll add them out.

Overload system - At the cost of some hp/s you can overload your engine for a big speed boost, when sprinting, hp regen from items and passive skills are reduced to 0
-Racing Kit does that for 3 seconds.

Faster income - instead of the income comming every 180 seconds, i suggest lowering it to maybe every 9 secs, so players receive a steady stream of gold (incase they miscounculate the costs of items when they sell, they dont have to wait 180 secs just for a few peices of metal or gold)
-It's standard, and never forget that you can take a loan from a friend. Because income is gained from your forces, it's rather not fair to receive them like you're the one who killed the creeps. It won't give you any efforts for creeping.

Tower Nerf - The towers closer to the middle of the map shuld be nerfed in hp and damage, this will allow the game to progress faster and smoother
-Isn't it weak already? Never approach them w/o creeps. (You know, the last time the towers are 2x faster then now and I wnat the game to be quicker, like end in 50 minutes so I nerfed them a lot.

Leavers - When a leaver leaves, remove their craft and gold, also stop gold from divergeing to that player, this will help the team with leavers, (dont sell their stuff or give their gold away, just remove the player and everything so ppl dont get overpowered right away)
-Okay, forgot about this one.

Bullet Arcs - Why are they there? It just looks strange
-What arc are you talking about?

Starting armor - Set it to 0 instead of -2
- (-2) is intended. Remember that quick attacks will be GOD if you don't equip any core/armor boost.

Selling engine at a shop where no engines are sold, or if they cannot afford an engine at the shop they sold it at. Instead of following instructions, i think you shuld just take away the gold and give the player back his/her engine, then display a msg to him/her saying that they need more gold / metal for that engine.
-How can I do that? Engine-switch system? no, that way, a player only can carry an engine... tehy can't trade...
Besides, I don't really understand what you mean.
I think you're telling me to make an item to return your engine...

Sea Ghost - Already equiped with a primeary weapon (cannot equip other primeary weapons) Has increased movement speed (has base agi)) Abilitys are : Raid - Warp to the target and attack it, when you attack the target you will loot 1/2/3/4/5 % of their ship's worth, afterwards you will warp back to where you casted the skill. This skill has low cooldown. Haunt (ulti) - Haunts the ship decreaseing it's hp regen to 0 and slowing its movement speed, also all attacks made on the target will deal additonal damage (not affected by armor).
-Hey, I love the alredy-equipped-withprimary-weapon system. I'll make some planes like that.
Have no idea to stop regen...
Raid is imba-out.
Maybe I'll take some of the ideas, but not all of them.

i think thats all for now, good map, it has a huge learning curve... that might be a problem to most players. The map needs a Ton of polishing... i think most of the problems ive encountered are listed above. Ill wait for another version before i test again.
-Thanks a lot for the feedback.:D
>Ton of polishing --> example please...

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
> Everyone told me about this after play this map. I've increased metal bounty in exchange. Lurking for deepsea metal already gives a lot don't they?
- Yes it gives alot, but beacuse it is in such limited supply (especaly for a 5v5 match) most players wont be able to find them. Also If your short on metal and you look for them, your missing out on a ton of gold from kills (the gold that your npc gets is split, you killing gives you much more gold)

>What flyer? You mean the planes? See their abilities and range change out. Inventory is another thing. I want to mention that core is really needed or else most of the planes are fragile.
- yea, i mean the planes. only 2 of the abilities change, a slight hp change, the range for the primeary weapons change (i used a gargoyal, was able to out range a tower o_O<tower 1000 range, goyal 1200 range>), but as for range, i think your putting too much gold cost in it, especaly if the range goes down (from 1st plane to 2, and 3rd plane, it goes from 800 to 550 (3rd plane) i forgot what the 2nd plane was, but it was lower then 800) Yes i know cores help, especaly in the fact that they dubble your hp, but even so, with weapons like the heavy uzi (40 damg, fast attack) that +300 hp that you get from your core is mowed down pretty quickly, especaly with your primeary weapon upgrades.

>Don't you see the inventory out? some modals are there in your slots... and... I should make the sell/buy item range to 650 in order to allow them to buy items more easily, usually when engines are accidentally sold.
- Yes and just about everyone i played with bought another engine after the game stated that you needed one to move -_-

>It's standard, and never forget that you can take a loan from a friend. Because income is gained from your forces, it's rather not fair to receive them like you're the one who killed the creeps. It won't give you any efforts for creeping.
-Then can you make a timer window pop to tell us when the income is comming?

>Isn't it weak already? Never approach them w/o creeps. (You know, the last time the towers are 2x faster then now and I wnat the game to be quicker, like end in 50 minutes so I nerfed them a lot.
-Towers have a tendency to choose heros over creeps... so if i do get a meatsheild (a creep to tank for me) then the tower will rape that unit in about 1.5 seconds and aim for me, when that happens i just die... cant run away... i just die. So for the bulk of the game, it was pretty much stale mate (untill i gave up and started upgradeing my team's creeps)

>What arc are you talking about?
- when you shoot your primeary weapon, the projectile forms an arc, as if it was being catapulted into your target. (well not as big, but its still noticeable)

>How can I do that? Engine-switch system? no, that way, a player only can carry an engine... tehy can't trade...
Besides, I don't really understand what you mean.
I think you're telling me to make an item to return your engine...
-Something like this, Detect when a player sells an item, check if its an engine. Then check for the shop he/she sold it to, if its a shop w/o an engine, then take away the gold and metal aquired from selling the engine, and give the engine back (with create item and give to hero)

What i mean by polishing is just make the game look better overall (its in beta, i know, but just for the list for future plans), getting rid of lagg (or telling them there will be lag) <IE: the start of the game, and whenever you change planes> you know, just the basics of visuals and such, like switching sides for shops/items when you reach the other side (IE: west hydra is on the upper left, east hydra is on the lower right)

Oh another thing...
Hero names - Give them names, it messes up the hero death msg (proper names)
I see something like " the "insert plane here" has fallen.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
> Yes it gives alot, but beacuse it is in such limited supply (especaly for a 5v5 match) most players wont be able to find them. Also If your short on metal and you look for them, your missing out on a ton of gold from kills (the gold that your npc gets is split, you killing gives you much more gold)
-Okay, metal bounty added for the purpose. Also, deepsea metal will be re-created after taken so they'll be scattered everywhere on the map.

> yea, i mean the planes. only 2 of the abilities change, a slight hp change, the range for the primeary weapons change (i used a gargoyal, was able to out range a tower o_O<tower 1000 range, goyal 1200 range>), but as for range, i think your putting too much gold cost in it, especaly if the range goes down (from 1st plane to 2, and 3rd plane, it goes from 800 to 550 (3rd plane) i forgot what the 2nd plane was, but it was lower then 800) Yes i know cores help, especaly in the fact that they dubble your hp, but even so, with weapons like the heavy uzi (40 damg, fast attack) that +300 hp that you get from your core is mowed down pretty quickly, especaly with your primeary weapon upgrades.
- See the power of the range? btw, the death machine is able to use slow weapons perfectly due its 1st skill. It adds 40% at lv4, thus allowing you to shoot slow weapons as a fast weapon.
Yeah. That's why the game is quick-killing. I also give the core some armor addition. Maybe You should report any imbalance at items?
Remember that the heavier the items, they're loss their effectiveness thus making them cheaper.

> Yes and just about everyone i played with bought another engine after the game stated that you needed one to move -_-
-Oops, maybe I should give more info at the start then...

>Then can you make a timer window pop to tell us when the income is comming?
Creating game-time at the multiboard...

>Towers have a tendency to choose heros over creeps... so if i do get a meatsheild (a creep to tank for me) then the tower will rape that unit in about 1.5 seconds and aim for me, when that happens i just die... cant run away... i just die. So for the bulk of the game, it was pretty much stale mate (untill i gave up and started upgradeing my team's creeps)
-I never encountered that before, except if I fight with a siege barge. Remember : towers prefer short-ranged units that attack it. So as I have said before, range is crucial.

> when you shoot your primeary weapon, the projectile forms an arc, as if it was being catapulted into your target. (well not as big, but its still noticeable)
-Fixed at the next version. Btw, you did notice that sometimes a primary weapon shoots 2 missiles haven't you? (also Fixed)

> Something like this, Detect when a player sells an item, check if its an engine. Then check for the shop he/she sold it to, if its a shop w/o an engine, then take away the gold and metal aquired from selling the engine, and give the engine back (with create item and give to hero)
-That means you can't sell engine at some shops even you have 2 engines...

What i mean by polishing is just make the game look better overall (its in beta, i know, but just for the list for future plans), getting rid of lagg (or telling them there will be lag) <IE: the start of the game, and whenever you change planes> you know, just the basics of visuals and such, like switching sides for shops/items when you reach the other side (IE: west hydra is on the upper left, east hydra is on the lower right)
-Switching sides of shops? you mean? (>< don't understand well)
-Telling them about lag... but will buy planes lag? well, I must check for a lot of things and revalue variables while doing that.

Oh another thing...
Hero names - Give them names, it messes up the hero death msg (proper names)
I see something like " the "insert plane here" has fallen.
-Well, Then guess I will give the name "Air Glider" to the Air glider... or you have any better names?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Really I can't find a better way to retrieve engines...

What about the hydras report? DOn't quite understand it...

Any more Imba Issue?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.