AoS Clash of the Forbidden [RECRUITING!]

CixxyZ

Reaction score
8ydtl5.png

This is a project which attempts to create a strictly unique and creative AoS that focuses on Strategy, Teamwork and Hero customization above all else.

STORY
Summary:
The story will be on the lines of a group of illegal mages known as the "Hand of Forbidden" seeking to gain their birthright as a mage to practice magic freely outside of restriction by the church. The church order of Templars "Celestial Faction" found out their plans, and soon found their hideout. The mage's archmage had already established a tower in their territory but the Templars were more in number so they quickly set up their own for a chance to win in an arcane war.

This all make sense because mages fight war in towers and the theme of the game will be Demon Vs Angel based so the Mages would summon the demons and priests/templars the angels.

GAMEPLAY
  • There are two huge Towers facing each other on the battlefield. These towers will shoot slowly and every aspect about them can be upgraded by the team. One of the ways to win the game is to rush Range of the tower, so that it can hit all the way across the map and its attacks might land on the enemy's Tower.
  • The Towers' shots can be dodged with quick reflexes. However, in the later stages of the game, it won't be as easy because the AoE of the Tower can be upgraded.
  • To get resources in order to upgrade the tower, there are two ways. One: You can obtain them by killing bosses which spawn in the lanes. These Bosses will be interesting and have different abilities. One boss could be a siegebreaker boss like the one in Diablo3, it rams one direction violently, knocking everything back in its way. They spawn at certain intervals in the game and there will be indicators on your minimap for them.

In around midgame or later, there will be multiple bosses spawning in different lanes so for instance if you are leading the team you can order some of your party to defend a boss and others to attack the enemy's boss. Or just go all out on one boss.

Two: You can kill enemy heroes to gain the resource, but of course it won't be as much as the gain from boss units.
  • When you gather the resource from the slain boss, you will have to run for your life back to the tower. If you die, you also drop the resource and it will vanish in about 10 seconds if no one else picks it up. CTF moment.
  • The AOS element of AI troops vs AI troops is there to keep up the excitement of the game. Also so that the Towers do have a target to shoot instead of just heroes. It will be a counter-game for the lanes so any party member can set up a monster to spawn for the lanes as long as they pay a one-time resource. This monster can be countered by the other team, so it'll be a Rock Paper Scissors kind of game involving spawning Mages, Archers or Warriors. Archer > Mage > Warrior > Archer , something along those lines.

HEROES
There will be around 6 classes and each class can branch into 3 sub-classes. The subclasses can then branch into one last sub-sub-class which is difficult to obtain.

This signifies strategy for example, in one game, the Leader has a Archer>Ranger class scout the area with her pet or her winged mount for enemy intelligence.

The scout reports back sightings of two mages defending their boss unit on the way to the lanes. The leader then dispatches the two warriors which one of them happen to be a Templar class to go and cut off the mages. Being a templar, he is resistant to their magicks and is at a great advantage when dealing with them alone.

A note on skills and abilities:
Each 1st Class Hero has 3 passive abilities, and these passives are levelable up to level 4. They have 3 activated abilities, and these are also maxed at level 4. One ultimate with a 3 max level.

You gain 1 Skill point and 1 Ability point when you level up, the Skill point can be spent buying a passive and the Ability can be spent buying an activated ability or ultimate.

The first branch into a sub-class is available at level 10, and the last branch is avail at level 20. Level cap is 30. Now, branching will be a challenge so if you're not doing so well in the game it's unlikely that you will be able to branch straight away at level 10.

After you branch, you gain one skill and one ability as a reward. Your passives will stay the same, and retain the levels and you will gain another passive which is specific to the class you chose. The passive level cap also goes up by 4. Your abilities, however, are totally replaced with new ones.

The last branch will offer you with one more passive and a replaced ultimate.

CLASSES
Warrior
Berserker: Two weapon fighter with an all out offensive skillset focused on his blood and hitpoints.
Champion: Two handed weapon fighter who focuses on heavy hitting blows.
Gladiator: Sword and Shield fighter who has braved the deadliest duels in the pit. He is a very seasoned fighter.

Defender
Templar: Highly resistant to spells, professional mage hunter.
Paladin: Hybrid Mage / Warrior who has many support party skills.
Crusader: Heavy horseman who rushes enemies fearlessly.

Rogue
Assassin: Master at backstab and poisoned weaponry.
Ninja: Uses traps and is adept at setting up cunning ambushes.
Hermit: Improved stealth and many skills based on night time.

Archer
Ranger: Winged pet user who is very good at scouting for enemy intelligence.
Valkyrie: Glaive and Bow user who can switch weapons and thrives on dead souls.
Sniper: Skilled at delivering shots from a very far distance.

Mage
Elementalist: Commands the four Elements to do his bidding.
Warlock: Splits the cost of activation of his demonic spells with his hitpoints.
Summoner: Summons hellish demons to aid his cause.

Priest
Saint: Improved Heals and power from the heavens above.
Oracle: Uses time magic and can see into the future.
Destroyer: Dark priest with hexes.

RECRUITMENT

Right now we're recruiting:

Terrainers
For this role you need to be creative and can make an organic, natural looking map and keep it symmetrical.

Modellers/Skinners/Custom Icon Makers/2d Artists
Self explanatory and you will need a high level of creativity and artistic skills.

Hero / Item / Database Creators
For this role you need to be creative and have good English skills to make the tooltips nice. If applying for Hero creator, you will also need strong triggering skills.

Boss Creators
Have good understanding of triggers and have a creative mindset to create some badass bosses.

Members in Team:
Cixxyz [ Project Director / Developer / Graphic Designer / Art Director ]
Moridin [ Trigger Programmer ]
Glenphir [ Hero & Skill Programmer ]
Salene [ Hero & Skill Programmer ]

Note: Once we get enough active members I'll create a forum dedicated to this project.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind helping on this....seems like an interesting project. As for what I can contribute, mainly triggering. I'm quite familiar with GUI and can understand JASS code upto a certain extent even if I don't use it.

Though, a heads-up. November 25-29 I will be unavailable due to no Internet. Also in Jan my exams are starting so around that time I will be pretty busy. If you're ok with that, then sign me up.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
As far as how busy you are goes, I don't mind as long as you can contribute a fair amount of work to the project within a reasonable amount of time, it'll be great. I'll pm you for contact details.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
just a question for you...
at what fields would you actually work in?

terrain, ideas..
especially coding (GUI / JASS / vJASS)?

i'll pro'ly be dropping random ideas here and there.

suggestion 1...

why not make the 'tower' a single structure comprised of small 'pieces/substructures/submodules' that can be modified/upgraded individually..
instead of just one big scaled up guard tower?

CixxyZ

Reaction score
@blade
Well I'd be coordinating the project I suppose, make sure it holds true to the original idea and for coding I am fairly good with making complex GUI triggers.

thanks for the idea, it sounds great and would make a interesting twist. Problem is making it look good and the execution. Maybe to execute, the sections would be collision 0 and at different heights so it looks like one big tower. But not exactly sure if its needed or not at this point, because I want to keep the gameplay simple yet fun.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Hmm I won't mind being your map tester. Also, I can probably give some ideas or suggestions when I am free. Some GUI triggering is also fine with me.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I don't mind helping with this project. Sounds interesting enough. I could give Hero ideas and spell ideas. I'm good with triggering abilities, only in GUI though. If it comes to this, I'll have to close down the spell request thread :p

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Okay I'll Pm you Glen, Finest I'll contact you once we need some testing done :)

Prozix

Reaction score
Hey, I like the idea that Blade brought up. If you are going to use that, you should make certain requirements for the towers next to the main tower for upgrading... or something
I'm not really helping here am I. Thought I should mention it ^^. I'm working on some projects myself now so I can't help with this one I'm sorry. Good luck though!

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Updated the title of the thread and added a lot of new content. Any mods can you please change the title on the board as well?

Rushhour

Reaction score
Yep I'll be able to do testing too. And I'm pretty "good" at JASS, some vJass if you need something feel free to ask^^
I REALLY like the idea of a tower that can be upgraded not only by changing the abilities but visually by adding cannons, fire, effects, whatever :D

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I really like idea of yours. Can't wait to first playable version!

Hurry up with it. :D I want to see some results.

Good luck.

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest furby.
Rushhour, do you think you could code something like that? If you do a good job you can also join the team :)

Prozix

Reaction score
Hey, I created a system that makes it easier to add commands to your game. You might want to use it in your map, that would be cool. Someone else has just released something similar the day after I did xD, you could check out that system too.

Here's the link to my system

I think the other system was named CommandParser. Good luck with the project, it could be a very good game I think!

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Well, I am able to make that skill system. I'd make it like you have that "red plus" button where u lvl up your active abilities and for example "yellow button" which will work the sam way, you can level up those passive abilities.

I meant something like this:

ivdg1z.jpg

Tell me if ur interested. :thup:

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
I'd like to help with terraining if youd let me
I'm not the most skilled but I keep working until it is perfect

Id also like to give suggestions for making the game even more epic
For example using more "outside" of the box names for specializations like Dragon Age: Origins

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Wow, I'd never thought you guys would be that helpful.

@Proz, How could exactly would this simplify commands? if we need it we'll be sure to use it and credit you. Cheers.

@Furby, That looks amazing, and yeah it's the idea we wanted to achieve. We wanted to add a spellbook which you can level up your passives and a spellbook for viewing your passives beside it.
How did you go about with the [1] on the yellow Spellbook? And sure, we'll use it and credit you if you send me the file.

@Magna, Could you please link me to an example of your work either here or through PM? We welcome all thoughtful ideas/suggestions, and good to see another DA:O player.

Prozix

Reaction score
>how does this simplify commands
Well it doens't really simplify commands, but it takes away the pain having to manage the commands you use in your map. Enabling and Disabling them can be done trough 1 function call. Listing enabled commands or all the commands is done automaticly trough a function I've written. You could change the format of the command listing output, I am willing to do it for you if you wan't.
If you need a demonstration or something I can make it for you. I have more time now yay!
>do we need it
Hmm that depends on whether or not you are gonna use things like
"-help"
"-setplayername ..."
"-stats"
etc.
I thought it would be awesome if my system is used in a cool map because it's relatively new and I'm new to these forums (I did create my account when I was little xD), so I want to build up my reputation ^^

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Prozix well we're not up to that part yet and if we need a trigger to simplify command management we'll look into yours. Even though the team uses GUI programming.

Mag , that is awesome work. Not sure how you'll go about with outdoor areas but I can see you make detailed stuff. will PM.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.